Piano Forum logo
November 18, 2018, 11:49:53 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

A Debussy 100 Tribute

The great French composer Achille-Claude Debussy died 100 years ago, on March 25 in Paris. Debussy is considered one of the fathers of modern music and the most influential of all French composers. From Debussy’s Suite bergamasque, Clair de lune has emerged as the most beloved and appreciated piece of the suite appreciated by pianists on all levels. From the beautiful interiors of Palazzo Chigi in Ariccia, Rome we hear Italian pianist Alessandra Ammara play the piece. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't find the allegretto played w/ Schubert Sonata D.566 in e minor  (Read 2986 times)
sucyt
PS Silver Member

« on: January 04, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »

I would appreciate so much any help locating this movement -- it sounds like it's in E major -- that is typically performed as the second movement of this piano sonata (apparently the movements weren't published together).  Help -- it's one of my all-time favorites!  TIA, Suzanne
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Sonata (D. 566)
tb230
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 11:47:40 AM »

How about Rondo D.506? Got some help to solve this one from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_Sonata_in_E_minor,_D._566_(Schubert)
mikey6
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »

Weird - all the public domain sites only have the first movt.  It seems to be a 3 movt work with a separate work played as the finale.
My Henle edition has the movt you're after, maybe invest in that...

Never look at the trombones. You'll only encourage them.
Richard Strauss
sucyt
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:50:14 PM »

Well, thanks for trying.  No, D.506 is not it, but that may be the piece that they say is typically played with it as a last mov't.  Guess I'm going to have to buy this one.  Many thanks for the Henle heads-up!  Best wishes, Suzanne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: