Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: VIDEO: Rachmaninov - Etude-Tableau in A Minor, Op. 39 No. 2  (Read 6257 times)

Offline debrucey

• PS Silver Member

First performance (hopefully not the best, lol) of one of my current pieces. Criticism always appreciated! :D

Offline musicluvr49

• PS Silver Member
Re: VIDEO: Rachmaninov - Etude-Tableau in A Minor, Op. 39 No. 2
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:14:33 AM
Wow! I've never heard this piece before, but I love it,  Hauntingly beautiful !!

Beautiful playing as well, the voicing was very nice, and I liked the dynamics as well. I can't really say anything bad about this, though I'm sure some of the othe members will find somthing to criticize, but Excellent job ! :)
Currently:
Chopin Grand Valse Brilliante
Mozart Piano Sonata K 332
Scriabin Preludes Op 11 no.5,6,7
Bach Prelude and Fugue in G minor

Offline debrucey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 01:13:37 PM
Haha, yes I'm sure they will ;-). Thankyou for your comments :)

Offline pianovlad1996

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 11:31:08 AM
Hello!  :)
I am going in four months at the piano olympics and I wonder that I can play Rachmaninoff Etude Tableaux Op.39 No.2. (I am 8 grade). My teacher said that I have to chose between this etude and Rach Elegie.
Is this Etude to hard (technically) for this grade? I can reach 10 even 11 but my left hand is a bit '' lazy'' and I saw that the left hand is important.
Send me a message please.Thanks.
Current repertoire:
Bach Toccata in E minor
Beethoven Sonata op.110
Rachmaninov Corelli Variations
Liszt Paganini Etudes No.2 and 6.
Strauss Burlesque in d minor, Brahms piano concerto No.2.

Offline debrucey

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 02:19:17 PM
It's very important how you finger the left hand part. My hands aren't particularly big. I personally found the Elegie harder than this. I think whichever one you choose it will be about the same. I think it's easier to give an effective performance of the Elegie, its much more straightforward. This etude, I think, is one of Rachmaninov's poetic masterpieces.

Offline pianovlad1996

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 02:10:08 PM
Thank you for your advice!!!!! I played Rachmaninoff's Elegie at a competition. I will try to learn one of rach etudes ( op.39 no.2,7 or 8). I liked your video with op.39 no.2 (very mussically played) and I hope that I can learn it before the olympics. I'll play the Elegie and one etude by rach and other pieces (for the olympics:3 romantic pieces, 2 modern, 1 etude and 1 sonata or concerto). If you could send me a list of modern pieces and sonatas by beethoven or mozart ( for 8 grade).
Current repertoire:
Bach Toccata in E minor
Beethoven Sonata op.110
Rachmaninov Corelli Variations
Liszt Paganini Etudes No.2 and 6.
Strauss Burlesque in d minor, Brahms piano concerto No.2.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert