Piano Forum

Topic: Liszt Hugarian Rhapsody No. 11 (live recording -1.30.2011) & Lugubre Gondola I  (Read 2661 times)

Offline furiouzpianist

• PS Silver Member
This is from yesterday's concert. It is an audience recording. This is the first time that I've played a full recital in the Mannes Concert Hall.

The Lugubre was the encore after the Liszt Sonata.  :)

here are the scores:

https://erato.uvt.nl/files/imglnks/usimg/7/76/IMSLP05076-Liszt_-_S244_Hungarian_Rhapsody_No11__edition_b_.PDF

https://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/b/b8/IMSLP04095-LaLugubreGondolaIS201_1Liszt.pdf

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
I especially liked the lugubre gondola.  It's being played more these days, and rightly so.  It's a little masterpiece and you brought it across.  Did you use the "una corda" ever?
I had to play that rhapsody and I never liked it.  It's such a minor piece of music.  But you played it very well - you can't get much better than that.  bravo.  How did the mephisto go?

Offline furiouzpianist

• PS Silver Member
Mephisto 1 was played like crap - way too fast, many wrong notes, and quite chaotic. Definitely not worthy not share.

I didn't use the una corda in the Lugubre except for the last 3 measures.

Offline becky8898

• PS Silver Member
Hi Furioszpianist.  Very nice.  You seem to think well musically and you bring life to the music.  but a quick question. You mentioned that the mephisto  didnt work out so well.  Do you find you play better in private than public? I only ask because my parents who are both professional musicans ( They are both members of our local symphony orchestra) are always on me about my stage presense.  Well like I  said just a thought.  Please keep posting , i love your playing and your artistry gives me ideas on how i might  add to my own playing. 

Cheers, Becky
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert