Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Career advice  (Read 1415 times)

Offline russda_man

• PS Silver Member
Career advice
on: February 03, 2011, 08:32:32 PM
I have studied at the Royal Northern College of Music for a year. I am now living in the middle of nowhere not really having a clue what to do next. I am 30, and have not got a career off the ground! I am studying with Niel Immelman and Dina Parakhina in London, but since I was only at the college for a year I feel I need at least another year at a conservatoire. Funding for the courses is very low too. Do any places offer scholarships? I have been seriously thinking about doing a couple of years at the Moscow conservatoire, since I am very serious about the piano, and know that it is such a high level at this institution. Also been thinking about America, or the Royal Academy. The Royal College of Music do not offer scholarships. Any ideas would be welcomed!

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Re: Career advice
Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 09:17:25 PM
Well, america is very very expensive, so you might wait with that...
Though, some schools in germany is free, I think, and also very high level

Offline gyzzzmo

• PS Silver Member
Re: Career advice
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:33:48 PM
How about asking for future advise at the school you studied or your teachers? They know more about your level and therefor can give way better advice than we can.
1+1=11

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert