Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Top 5 most difficult Scriabin's preludes Op.11  (Read 8087 times)

Offline presto agitato

• PS Silver Member
Top 5 most difficult Scriabin's preludes Op.11
on: February 18, 2011, 03:56:35 PM
Hello

I really like those preludes; they are full of passion and mystery. I would like to learn some of those preludes but I want to play the most difficult ones.

Can you help me to select the top 5 most difficult one?

Thanks
The masterpiece tell the performer what to do, and not the performer telling the piece what it should be like, or the cocomposer what he ought to have composed.

--Alfred Brendel--

Offline 51072

• PS Silver Member
Re: Top 5 most difficult Scriabin's preludes Op.11
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 06:45:40 PM
I have played many of these preludes, and have tried all of them. Numbers 3, 7, 11, 14, and 16, are the most difficult, I think.

Remember to pay attention to the metronome markings, they are Scriabin's own, and the recordings prove that he himself followed them closely.

Offline presto agitato

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 04:52:51 PM
More opinions?
The masterpiece tell the performer what to do, and not the performer telling the piece what it should be like, or the cocomposer what he ought to have composed.

--Alfred Brendel--

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:00:20 PM
Why on earth does it matter which are the most difficult? If you feel that you are capable of playing any of them, why not just pick your favorites, or ones which go well as a set?
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert