Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Robert Schumann - Traumeri, Opus 15, No. 7 - Enzo  (Read 4210 times)

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Robert Schumann - Traumeri, Opus 15, No. 7 - Enzo
on: March 14, 2011, 03:36:35 PM

Sometimes the practice session sounds much better and I feel this is one of those. I am glad that on that day we were also experimenting with microphone placement and was able to record the practice. This was almost 3 years ago but Enzo has never gotten to finish it. However, I heard him play it a bit the other day while trying to relax from the tons of schoolwork he must finish as school here is winding down in 2 weeks and it will be summer vacation.  We would appreciate any comments in anticipation of Enzo finally finishing the piece.

about the recording:  We were able to borrow 2 good microphones then, but made the mistake of recording it in a tape recorder.  The audio was longer than the video .. heheh ::) Thanks to my audiophile friend who did some splicing.  He also applied a little DSP to make it appear that the room is much bigger. It sounds definitely better.
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Re: Robert Schumann - Traumeri, Opus 15, No. 7 - Enzo
Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 04:44:24 PM
So lovely.  Thank you, Enzo!  It was a change to see you with your glasses on and reading the notes.  You just looked like you were enjoying yourself in your room, taking a break from schoolwork and relaxing with schumann.  Your love of the music comes through!

Offline becky8898

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 08:43:12 PM
Hey Enzo, Nice job.  People who dont know thing this kind of music is easy. Well its not to do well. and - you do it well.  I like it when Horowitz does it and I like it when Enzo does it. 

Real sweet  - Keep it coming Enzo -

Cheers, Becky

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 02:51:52 AM
Hi Enzo and emill,

This was a lovely, relaxed performance of "Traumeri".  It was good to see Enzo reading from the score--these days, I thought I was only one doing that! ;D  Anyway, beautifully played.  This is one of those character pieces that one can play for a lifetime. And every once in awhile Schumann gives us a new insight into the piece as well as the art of piano.

I enjoyed listening.

David
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 06:09:43 PM
it's amazing for such a young age! thank you for posting it.
dignity, love and joy.

Offline saluttonton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 11:00:43 PM
Congratulations to Enzo, really good and mature, soulful and concentrate playing, beautiful sound out of the piano, in other words : perfect !
I first really enjoyed the mp3 but I discovered soon, looking after the name of the pianist, that it was you and not a big famous name. I'm impressed, how old are you ?
Best wishes Enzo,  ;)

Christian (from France)

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 11:11:09 PM
B-E-A utiful, Enzo! Too easy for you!
Funny? How? How am I funny?

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 04:59:21 PM
It's always a joy hearing Enzo playing: the piano seems to be a natural extension of his soul. I'm moved...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert