Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Japan - Do Something!  (Read 1164 times)

Offline monkeydudexd

• PS Silver Member
Japan - Do Something!
on: March 18, 2011, 01:59:54 AM
Hey everyone. As you all probably know, Japan has recently been struck by an earthquake and tsunami. I know there are TONS of talented people on this website (whether with piano or other instruments) and I want to encourage all of you to use your talents and try to help out the people there!

I'm the president of a club I formed called the Young Musicians Society and we have a couple students from my high school in it. We play at two nursing homes every month and for our next performance, we're doing a 'benefit concert' of sorts. I had this idea where every performer, in order to perform, must get sponsored (by friends or family) for each piece they play. So far, there have been very positive responses and I'm sure that we're going to make a lot of money to donate to the Red Cross.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, use your talents (if you have the time and resources) to help others in need :) I think that many people here are capable of making a lot of money to help Japan and I just wanted to take that extra step to encourage you all! Of course if you don't have capabilities to do so, you should donate anyway :D
Beethoven Sonata Op. 13 'Pathetique'
Beethoven Sonata Op. 31 No. 2 'Tempest'
Beethoven Sonata Op. 90
Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 17
Bach Italian Concerto

Offline ramseytheii

• PS Silver Member
Re: Japan - Do Something!
Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 03:21:31 AM
I wonder what your thoughts are on this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/how-to-donate-to-japan--and-everyone-else/2011/03/10/ABR6LIe_blog.html

The basic gist is, Japan is not asking for money, but for specific things they need to address the crises in question, ie generators to power efforts to cool down nuclear plants or whatever.  Japan is not a third-world country after all, and is hardly poor...

Walter Ramsey

Offline jimbo320

• PS Silver Member
Re: Japan - Do Something!
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 01:48:01 PM
Well Walter, I read the same blog and afterward I sat back in my chair and thought, soooooo the offer of aid is still good to get and give....
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Music is art from the heart. Let it fly\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"...

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert