Piano Forum

Topic: Awards for 'gifted' musicians.  (Read 1660 times)

Offline thompson_321

• PS Silver Member
Awards for 'gifted' musicians.
on: April 03, 2011, 11:21:38 PM
'Gifted' in the biblical sense. I have been accepted back at a college, and am attending this year. But the fees and cost of living are astronomical, but I was just wondering if there are any awards for 'gifted' musicians out there.

Offline nataliethepianist

• PS Silver Member
Re: Awards for 'gifted' musicians.
Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 03:14:42 AM
I am sorry, I am a little confused. Do you mean "awards" like competitions? If so, I am sure there are many giving competitions where you live.

If it is the cost you are concerned about, why not look into a scholarship? If you are as talented as you are implying, then that could be of great help to you.

Good luck with your studies.

- Natalie

Offline thompson_321

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:20:23 AM
If it is the cost you are concerned about, why not look into a scholarship? If you are as talented as you are implying, then that could be of great help to you.

Good luck with your studies.

- Natalie
Thank you Natalie. I meant awards you can apply for, such as trusts etc. I live in North Wales. There are not many competitions here!

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:26:35 AM
Other than posting the same topic with a slightly different wording every few weeks, don't you have anything better to do?

Offline nataliethepianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:38:43 AM
Then again, I am sorry. I don't know of any trusts you can apply to. Maybe contacting the college themselves and asking about the help of costs will supply you with help.

Offline thompson_321

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 05:29:23 AM
Other than posting the same topic with a slightly different wording every few weeks, don't you have anything better to do?
It's not the same topic, and I wish you had something better to do.

Offline thompson_321

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 05:34:23 AM
Then again, I am sorry. I don't know of any trusts you can apply to. Maybe contacting the college themselves and asking about the help of costs will supply you with help.
The colleges offer bursaries, but that's not really enough to cover fees. Thanks anyway.

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:27:08 AM
It's not the same topic, and I wish you had something better to do.
No, you're right! The last one was about (apart from that one about us being amateurs) money for going to college. This is.. Oh, it's also about money for going to college...

(Read your other post for once!)

However, most (or all) of those "Gifted musician" scholarship are for young musicians. Like up to 20-ish.

Offline thompson_321

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 09:16:39 AM
No, you're right! The last one was about (apart from that one about us being amateurs) money for going to college. This is.. Oh, it's also about money for going to college...

(Read your other post for once!)

However, most (or all) of those "Gifted musician" scholarship are for young musicians. Like up to 20-ish.
This is about awards for 'gifted musicians'. I never mentioned 'gifted' awards before. Thanks for answering my question.

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 12:33:48 PM
I'm thinking about starting a topic... It should be "What is the most hard 5 chopin etudes?" I don't think anyone have had 5 most difficult yet. If they have, they have most certainly not used the 'most hard' phrase.

Offline orangesodaking

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 10:33:48 PM
I'm thinking about starting a topic... It should be "What is the most hard 5 chopin etudes?" I don't think anyone have had 5 most difficult yet. If they have, they have most certainly not used the 'most hard' phrase.

Or "What is the top 26 mostest hardest Chopin etude's?"

But to the original topic: You could accompany people on the side to help cover expenses. Are you a good sight-reader? And also, you can take out loans. Sure, you have to pay them back later, but good money-management skills now and later (as well as looking for sources of income through either working, scholarships, grants. etc.) may help you without going TOO far in the red.

I don't have a whole lot of experience about this situation, but I hope all the best for you.

Offline thompson_321

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 11:52:06 PM
Or "What is the top 26 mostest hardest Chopin etude's?"

But to the original topic: You could accompany people on the side to help cover expenses. Are you a good sight-reader? And also, you can take out loans. Sure, you have to pay them back later, but good money-management skills now and later (as well as looking for sources of income through either working, scholarships, grants. etc.) may help you without going TOO far in the red.

I don't have a whole lot of experience about this situation, but I hope all the best for you.
Thanks.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert