\"\"
Piano Forum logo

New Steinway D!! (Read 2691 times)

Offline robert_henry

• PS Silver Member
New Steinway D!!
« on: December 31, 2002, 09:22:06 PM »
Whoa!  I just bought one about 15 minutes ago, and I feel I have to tell someone. :D  It's a 7 year-old Concert and Artist D that I've played several times in recital.  I've wanted to buy it for years.  This will be a nice upgrade from my Kimball and Baldwin uprights.

By chance, my wife and I stopped by the Steinway dealer on Saturday and filled out a credit app.  We weren't planning on buying until late 2003, but thank God we talked to the dealer when we did...in 2002, I won $42,000 in prize money and didn't pay taxes on ANY of it, so we were looking at about $15,000 in back taxes to pay this year, and that's just Federal.  The purchase of this piano will give us about $20,000 in relief via refund this year.  

I'll post pictures as soon as its delivered.  Me so excited!!

Robert Henry

Offline MzrtMusic

• PS Silver Member
Re: New Steinway D!!
«Reply #1 on: January 01, 2003, 11:05:23 PM »
Robert,

Congrats!!!! I'm so happy that you got your new piano! I remember how excited I was when I got mine!!! I hope that you enjoy it!!!

Love,

Sarah
My heart is full of many things...there are moments when I feel that speech is nothing after all.
-- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Offline dinosaurtales

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #2 on: January 02, 2003, 02:01:13 AM »
Oh man!  a D!!!  Now you guys are making me jealous.  I am still searching, but for 7 footers.  Know anything about Grotrians?  I wanna see the pix when you get them!  

That's just gotta be a blast to play.
So much music, so little time........

Offline tosca1

• PS Silver Member
«Reply #3 on: January 07, 2003, 05:23:40 AM »
What a wonderful and beautiful thing to buy and own! I really hope that you and your wife are enjoying it.  I remember my own excitement when   I bought my Boston GP 178cm 5 years ago and although it is but a poor relation to a Steinway D it is the best thing that I have ever bought in my life in terms of the enjoyment I derive from it.

I expect that the initial thrill and excitement of acquiring such a gorgeous piano is still with you. Congratulations and all the very best for your enjoyment of it.
Robert. Auckland NZ