Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: VIDEO: Brahms Sonata in F minor op.5 (3rd & 5th movements)  (Read 4402 times)

Offline sjskb

• PS Silver Member
Dear all,

please enjoy my new postings of Brahms wonderful piano sonata. I performed only movements 3 to 5 in the concert. Here are movements 3 (Scherzo) and 5 (Finale)

Scherzo:

Finale:

Comments and Criticisms are most welcome!

Regards,
Keng Boon

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
I thought you rocked it.  I'm not a classical expert by any means, but I know that I enjoyed it.
I don't practice.  I call it play because I enjoy it. --A quote by Floyd Cramer.

Offline sjskb

• PS Silver Member
thank you!!  ;)

Offline scottmcc

• PS Silver Member
I'm quite familiar with this work, and unfortunately only had time to listen to the first half of the scherzo.  very well done!  it's a very challenging piece with lots of "secret" notes that are integral to the sound of the piece but that the listener is only aware of if they're wrong or missing.  I like the mix of lightness and thunder that you bring to the piece, which is especially challenging but you seem to have done quite well.

do you play the rest of the sonata?  the 2nd mvt is really one of my favorite bits in all the classical repertoire. 

hopefully I'll have time to listen to the rest later tonight.  in the mean time, please accept my congratulations!

Offline sjskb

• PS Silver Member
hi scottmcc,

thank you for taking the time for a listen!

i have finished learning the entire thing, and will perform it entirely in july.

the recording here is a performance of the 3rd - 5th movements only. my favourite movement is the scherzo...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert