Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Etude Dynamics  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Le-ackt

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Etude Dynamics
on: January 03, 2003, 03:00:14 PM
Hello
I have been playing Chopin Etude #12 Op10 ,the " Revolutionary Etude" , I wonder anyone could tell me The Dynamics about this Piece , like should left hand be blue and softer or play it louder and more defining . Should the Right hand be Pouring loud or lighter? .
and Could anyone also tell me what is the best way to handle the Etude 12 Op25 , the Ocean Etude. should it be Loud and Angry or be softer and Gentle .
thanks ~ these 2 and Excellent Masterpiece with full of Emotions .
`

Offline Le-ackt

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Etude Dynamics
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 04:15:21 PM
well , in term of saying the Dynamics . actually could refer to the Emotional Part of it . like i know the Revolutionary Etude should be Angry , Furious and Pouring just like Chopin who was trapped in Paris but cant return home for fighting his Motherland's Invadsion , so it is a Piece of Anger, furious , Worry and Despair . But what exaclty the detail you want to add on . Is it needed to step on the Bass pedal that makes the Left hand part blurry . I have listened to CD ,. that player acutally play the Left hand part very soft and very blur , so blur that i suspecting he is stepping on the bass sustain pedal and not let go ................. but i wonder is that the right way . i wish I can hear some Expert ideas too.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert