Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Prokofiev - Ten Pieces from Romeo and Juliet, op.75: I. Folk Dance  (Read 2769 times)

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
this is the heart of a program called amantes sunt amentes, which means lovers are lunatics. the full program was:

Grieg - Three Norwegian Peasant Dances from op.72
Medtner - Two Tales
Brahms - Schumann Variations, op.9

Byrd - Pavana Lachrymae
Ades - Darknesse Visible
Prokofiev - Ten Pieces from Romeo and Juliet, op.75

the folk dance, the first of the prokofiev set, came off a bit on the wild side but rather fun i should think.

Offline scottmcc

• PS Silver Member
I can hear the exuberance!  I'm surprised nobody has commented.  I would have loved to hear this recital in person, but thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Now when are you getting a record deal???

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
May I just say, being a non-pianist but an addicted listener,
... just one word...WOW!!!! :)   THANKS..
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert