Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Most popular piano SONGS?  (Read 3546 times)

Offline bobzblobz

• PS Silver Member
Most popular piano SONGS?
on: August 18, 2011, 02:35:59 PM
To clarify, what are the most popular songs/singles (with singing) which include the piano in a major way?

An example would be 'A Thousand Miles' by Vanessa Carlton.

Offline healdie

• PS Silver Member
Re: Most popular piano SONGS?
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:38:03 PM
I suppose any of the composers who did major song cycles
Schubert, Schumann, Beethoven, Sorabji, Webern etc would count all are very frequently performed

or anything from the American songbooks especially Gershwin and Cole Porter their songs a frequently performed with just piano accompaniment but they also work just as well with an orchestra, brass band or just about any other type of musical ensemble
"Talent is hitting a target no one else can hit, Genius is hitting a target no one else can see"

A. Schopenhauer

Florestan

Offline jimbo320

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 02:54:46 AM
If it's pop songwriters you're looking for than Fiona Apple is rather good. One of my favorite songs of her's is 'Shadow Boxer'. Sarah Mclachlan's 'In The Arms Of An Angel' always mellows me out. Awesome!...
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Music is art from the heart. Let it fly\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"...

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 09:27:02 AM
Airplanes by B.o.B
Funny? How? How am I funny?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert