Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Vacation :P  (Read 3157 times)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Vacation :P
on: August 30, 2011, 07:45:49 PM
Well I decided to make a thread just about vacation and things like that... if anyone wants to post something from vacations or trips...

I will post things from our vacation here   :P cause it was soooooooo cool!!  8)  :P  :)
Here is a video from August 9th when we were going on vacation... and I was recording (not all the time) while we were driving there, and I put all that together and made a video... because I think it looks soooo beautiful (I mean the nature outside) and I also recorded our pets who were travelling wits us a little  :P  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Re: Vacation :P
Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:08:34 PM
And here are some underwater pictures  :P

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:11:57 PM
Yes, it's beautiful scenery, Littletune. :)
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:43:50 AM
Cool.  How did you take pictures under water?
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:24:29 PM
Yes, it's beautiful scenery, Littletune. :)

Thanks for watching and for the comment Goldentone! :) 8)

Cool.  How did you take pictures under water?

Thanks Bob! :) I had an underwater camera!  :P  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 08:46:17 PM
Well this could also be in the pets thread but it's from vacation so I'll post it here  :)

Offline jzp93

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 04:30:55 AM
Nice pictures littletune. I like the way your pets snuggle ith each other. How do you post pictures and videos? I tried it  but I cannot do it.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 08:56:58 PM
Nice pictures littletune. I like the way your pets snuggle ith each other. How do you post pictures and videos? I tried it  but I cannot do it.

Thank you! :) Well the way I post pictures is that I first upload them on Photobucket and then copy the "IMG code" and paste it in the post that I'm writing. :) Maybe there's some other way too but I always do it this way. :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 08:12:12 PM
Look what a strange sea creature!!  :o  :)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 08:52:26 PM
Haha scary!  :o  8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 09:03:17 PM
 :P  :D  :) yes that's from the last day before we went home and I was making as much underwater pictures as I could and most of them were scary and weird :P My mum said I should delete some of them  ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 08:27:51 PM
ohhhhh vacation!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it's already 3 months since then (well almost 4!)  :o

Here! My mum said I looked like a guy with a beard in this picture!  :P

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 08:32:22 PM
HAHA, I see what she means.

Your eyes look a little sore from being underwater.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 08:40:16 PM
Yeah, you opened your eyes underwater?  Is that salt water?  Wouldn't that hurt?

Offline megadodd

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 08:43:13 PM
I just visited Budapest in Hungary a few days ago-
Me and my girlfriend went to the musical academy by night and we brought ladders, fortunately they where rebuilding something on the academy. And there is a huge statue of Liszt sitting on a chair, and I "shook" his hand. BOYA!
Repertoire.
2011/2012

Brahms op 118
Chopin Preludes op 28
Grieg Holberg Suite
Mendelssohn Piano trio D minor op 49
Rachmaninoff Etude Tabelaux op 33 no 3 & 4 op 39 no 2
Scriabin Preludes op 1

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 08:50:13 PM
HAHA, I see what she means.

Your eyes look a little sore from being underwater.

Thal

Yeah, you opened your eyes underwater?  Is that salt water?  Wouldn't that hurt?

No my eyes don't hurt at all... they just look a little funny  :P (or maybe I just don't notice that they hurt cause I have too much fun  :) ). I always open my eyes under water.  :P And that was in the sea yes so it's salt water.
When you get used to swimming with open eyes it's not bad at all. Oh except if you jump in water or swim up fast with your eyes open.... then it's bad  :-X so don't try that! When you go up or down or swim fast through the water don't open your eyes cause it feels like all the water went behind your eyeballs and you can't get it out and like they're going to explode or something!  :-\  :-X

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 08:52:07 PM
I just visited Budapest in Hungary a few days ago-
Me and my girlfriend went to the musical academy by night and we brought ladders, fortunately they where rebuilding something on the academy. And there is a huge statue of Liszt sitting on a chair, and I "shook" his hand. BOYA!
Cool so you were really close to my country! Hungary is our neighbour country!  :P

Offline megadodd

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 09:09:09 PM
What may your country be? :)
Repertoire.
2011/2012

Brahms op 118
Chopin Preludes op 28
Grieg Holberg Suite
Mendelssohn Piano trio D minor op 49
Rachmaninoff Etude Tabelaux op 33 no 3 & 4 op 39 no 2
Scriabin Preludes op 1

Offline thinkgreenlovepiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 11:54:47 PM
It looks like you had a lot of fun littletune! I miss summer...
I can't swim without goggles anymore... I've used them too much and now I depend on them. Haven't done it since I was little, in level 1 swim class, when opening eyes underwater was a requirement. My swim instructor held up his fingers underwater and we had to say how many fingers he was holding up. I didn't like that at all- even though my eyes were open it was still blurry.
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
~Leopold Stokowski

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 01:02:07 AM
*Bob thinks you could get fish poop in your eye from swimming in water with your eyes open.*

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 01:21:45 AM
Hi littletune,

That was a great video--wonderful scenery--and it's good that your pets could go on vacation too.   Thanks for sharing your travelog with us.  :)

David
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 02:56:52 PM
What may your country be? :)

Slovenia. :)

It looks like you had a lot of fun littletune! I miss summer...
I can't swim without goggles anymore... I've used them too much and now I depend on them. Haven't done it since I was little, in level 1 swim class, when opening eyes underwater was a requirement. My swim instructor held up his fingers underwater and we had to say how many fingers he was holding up. I didn't like that at all- even though my eyes were open it was still blurry.

Yes it was really great and fun!!! :) I miss summer too, but I can't wait Christmas holidays now... they're so beautiful and nice! :)

*Bob thinks you could get fish poop in your eye from swimming in water with your eyes open.*
No Bob! It's not like it's floating around... it sinks to the bottom!  :P

Hi littletune,

That was a great video--wonderful scenery--and it's good that your pets could go on vacation too.   Thanks for sharing your travelog with us.  :)

David

HI David! :) Thank you for watching and commenting! :) Yes I was happy all my pets (well except fish and turtles) could come with us... it was the first time that we had so many pets with us, even our birds!  It was really cool! 8)  :)

Offline flyinfingers

Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 10:31:25 PM
Yes, family is not complete unless you have all the little ones, littletune!   Thanks for sharing.  
Have a fun Christmas!
I wear my heart on my sleeve.  Don't touch my shirt!  Coined by yours truly, flyinfingers

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 02:31:57 PM
Yes, family is not complete unless you have all the little ones, littletune!   Thanks for sharing.  
Have a fun Christmas!

Thank you Flyinfingers :) You have a fun Christmas too! :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 11:51:06 PM
Did you stay at a hotel? Just walk in with a little army of pets and they let you?

Offline flyinfingers

Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 06:08:50 AM
Thanks Littletune, we're going to Vegas for Xmas!  Enjoy your family fun times as it's so much fun to be a kid at Xmas!  Savor every moment!!!!

Bob, maybe they were all "emotional support" animals!  Some places take those but others insist on the service animal papers (no brainer for 50 bucks -- don't wish to go that route).  

My doggie is my "emotional support" animal  ;D -- and she is --  as I have a great fear of flying.  So she flies for free on my lap, if I so desire, or I keep her under the radar in her crate under the seat and she never makes a peep!  Because she senses my nervous energy!  
She's more well behaved than a kid in any hotel room!  She's seven pounds for cryin' out loud!  I love my doggie so much!  She's a white yorkiepoo (cross between a yorkie and toy poodle) with floppy poodle ears and she's beautiful!
If I could ever learn how to post a pic -- hint hint -- I would love for everyone to see how cute she is!

Oh my gosh, so many exclamation points -- sorry!!!!!

Littletune :), how many extended family members do you have in total?  Do you just bring them all in the hotels with you like Bob said?  I bet they're your emotional support animals too as I'm sure you miss them so much when they're not around!  
I wear my heart on my sleeve.  Don't touch my shirt!  Coined by yours truly, flyinfingers

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 09:06:17 PM
Well no we didn't stay at a hotel.  We only went to a hotel a few times and when we did we only had our doggie with us. We usually rent a small apartment.
This year we were staying in an aparment too, but it was even better because we know the people whose apartment it is. They are our relatives and they gave us the apartment cause we're taking care of their dog sometimes.  :)  :P So that's why we could take all of our pets with us (except fish and turtles).

Well we have a dog, a cat, a guinea pig, and two birds. And the ones that stay home are fish and turtles.  :)

I will post more pictures of them soon. :)
If you want to post a picture you have to upload it to Photobucket first and then post the link here... Your doggie sound really cute Flyinfingers! :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 12:40:48 AM
Hit the preview button and click on the image link and then insert the url of the image.

Or just type the [ img] [/ img] without the spaces and with a url, like this...
[ img]www.myawesomepic.com/pic.jpg[ /img]

Offline flyinfingers

Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 02:40:55 AM
Thanks!  But I still need help, seriously.  I am so dumb when it comes to the computer.  Even my genius (physicist) hubby has trouble.  I will ask him to help me, but we're so computer illiterate that we haven't even figured out why the camera software doesn't work on this new computer!  I have pics on my phone, so maybe I'll go that route.  I just upgraded my phone from a dial up to the latest.   Thanks Bob and Littletune.  I hope I can do it!
Littletune (cutest name ever), you have lots of pets.  The pics of them are so cute!!!
My dad was a mailman and we weren't allowed to have any dogs because he didn't like them!  My little Keno (named after the video game in Vegas) is my first doggie in my life!  No kids, just the dog, so I have a lot of luvies for the doggie!

Offline thinkgreenlovepiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 05:35:52 AM

Yes it was really great and fun!!! :) I miss summer too, but I can't wait Christmas holidays now... they're so beautiful and nice! :)

Me too! Although I'll probably be doing homework for the entire break... I love Christmas! And snow, and ice. But I don't like the cold  ::)  ;D   Have you got any snow yet?? Have any holiday plans?
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
~Leopold Stokowski

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: December 10, 2011, 02:55:56 PM
Thanks Flyinfingers! :) I will post more pictures of my pets! :)

Me too! Although I'll probably be doing homework for the entire break... I love Christmas! And snow, and ice. But I don't like the cold  ::)  ;D   Have you got any snow yet?? Have any holiday plans?

No we don't have any snow yet (it was snowing a little more than a month ago, when the weather changed from summer to winter in one day). Now it's always like: when it's cold it's also dry, and when it's raining it gets a lot warmer so the rain can't turn into snow. So no real snow for now...  :-\ Well I don't think we'll be going anywhere during the holidays... there's a lot of things I should do and a lot of things I would like to do... but I guess we'll see.  :) I just really can't wait! And I still have almost two weeks to survive till holidays and I have sooo many things now... so I think I will really earn holidays!  :)  :P So I'll try to enjoy them as much as I can!!!  :) 8)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 10:15:02 PM
I'll post pictures of my pets from the summer vacation.

These are our two parrots. They were together in one cage (at home they have separate cages, but we didn't have enough space in the car for both), we were a little worried about what if they started arguing, but everything was great.  :)

And this is my guinea pig and my cat... my cat visits my guinea pig a lot of times.  :)

And my cat and my dog on my bed... (well it's not a real bed like that, but if you pull it out it becomes a huge bed and it takes up the whole room so I just had it like this)... and my birthday just started (i mean in the picture not now) :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 01:29:42 AM
This video reminded me of this thread.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 08:33:28 PM
Bob that is sooo cool and cute!!!  :)  8) Thanks for posting this!  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: December 27, 2011, 10:29:02 PM
Well I'll post one more video from my summer vacation... this is from the last day before we went home and we went to this little amusement park and it was really fun. :) Me and my dad went on three rides and my dad won a toy for me, I could choose one and I chose a lion that roars :)  :P and my mum was recording and we also had my dog and my cat with us. :) My cat was in a backpack (or how it's called) for carying cats and she was really good and my dog was walking and she was really good too... but we couldn't record very mch cause the camera didn't want to work :) so it's not all that interesting... but I like it cause it was really cool  8)
First my dad and me were driving bumper cars (we were in the same one and I was driving), and then we went on a water ride and the camera stopped recording exactly when we were about to go down and make a big splash... even though it wasn't very high it still made a very huge splash so we were completely wet.  :P and the third one was... I don't really know how it's called in English  :P but it was cool and my dad's hat flew off his head but I couldn't see where in the video :) (and in the picture my legs below the knees look like they're disappearing...  :o like I'm going into another dimension!!)  :P

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: August 31, 2012, 07:08:49 PM
Hellooooo! :) a few pictures from this year's vacation...  :P

;D  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 12:10:41 AM
I thought those were harnessed rats at first.  Haha. ::)

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 05:32:38 PM
Did you go back to the same place little one??
Curator/Director

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 09:42:42 PM
Harnessed rats!! you're funny Bob! I do sometimes call my cat a mouse and my dog a cat  :P ... i don't think I ever called them rats... maybe I'll try it  :P rats are really cute, they have one at the vet where my dog and my cat go... cause someone found her in his garage and brought it there and they adopted her.  :)  8)

Did you go back to the same place little one??

Yes we were at the same place as last year. It's really cool!  8) Oh you know what? I now have a toy snail too!!!  :P I won it at that amusement park (the same one as last year) only last year you had to throw balls at cans and this year you had to shoot at them, and last year my dad won a lion and this year I won a snail  :P well I could also choose a turtle or a fish and some other things but I wanted a snail cause I didn't have a toy snail yet and snails are kinda popular here on Pianostreet  8) I think I'm going to name him Alistair!  :P  :P

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 10:28:58 PM
Excellent name for a snail ;D

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 11:21:20 PM
Those pictures of ships from last years video caught our eye. Were you near a big port? One of the ships wouldn't just fit anywhere.
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 07:40:46 PM
The paradise I’m going to leave... :'( :'( :'( :'(
Thank you, Sardinia, I’m going to  miss sooo much  this magic summer!!!!

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 08:09:20 AM
Excellent name for a snail ;D
For any particular reason, in your view?

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline roseamelia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 08:07:27 PM
Wow that's pretty awesome! Hope you had loads of fun I know I would.
But Jesus looked at them and said "With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible!"<br /><br />~Jesus Matthew 19:26

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 08:18:41 PM
That's really beautiful Costicina!!  :)  8)

For any particular reason, in your view?

Best,

Alistair

Well I don't know about Thal, but to me it sounds perfect!  :P Alistair snail or Alisnail stair  :D  :P Isn't it cool? :)  8)  :P besides when I post a picture of my toy snail you'll be proud to share a name with him cause he's so cute!!!  :D  :D  :)  :P  8)

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 03:41:17 PM
The paradise I’m going to leave... :'( :'( :'( :'(
Thank you, Sardinia, I’m going to  miss sooo much  this magic summer!!!!

What a great spot to spend the summer and what gorgeous pictures. Ugh, now back to the hustle and bustle of Roma, right?

I used google to take a virtual walk around my old 'hood. Wow, nothing has changed except all the graffiti has been cleaned up. Still no parking places and I think they have changed the bus stops. The restaurant where I often ate had the menu on a blackboard outside...   
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline roseamelia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 05:29:34 PM
You will probably get to go there again sometime. :D
But Jesus looked at them and said "With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible!"<br /><br />~Jesus Matthew 19:26

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 09:18:46 PM
Those pictures of ships from last years video caught our eye. Were you near a big port? One of the ships wouldn't just fit anywhere.

I'm sorry, I forgot to answer this yesterday! Yes there is a big port pretty close, like in the next city (in Koper) it's called Luka Koper. And in this city where we were (Izola) there's a marina and also something where they were building ships (or are still building them,  :-\ I'm not sure).  :)

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 11:34:59 PM
You will probably get to go there again sometime. :D

Yes, but Google does a pretty good job until I do. If I were to actually go back there I don't think I would see any more than on Google. It was the people that made that 'hood.

One fo first things I noticed on "street view" was that they fired our doorman and replaced him with some sort of doorbell system. That means you will never be at peace if you live there. Often those buttons are pushed as a prank.

After 30 years it might be quite a visit...

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 05:34:04 PM
Yeah, Oxy,
Rome has a way to change without changing at all  :) :) :)
I'm sure you would feel at home caming back...: the same chaos, the same exasperating habits, yet such a beautiful city! 
We are waiting for you  ;)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert