Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: "Lobachevsky" by Tom Lehrer  (Read 5999 times)

Offline davidsg

• PS Silver Member
"Lobachevsky" by Tom Lehrer
on: October 23, 2011, 02:05:38 AM
Hello,

I am looking for the score of "Lobachevsky" by Tom Lehrer, for example as in his studio version
. I had a chance to look at the book "Too Many Songs by Tom Lehrer" where it's supposed to be, but it has only the lyrics. I'm not good enough to get them myself by listening, I would appreciate it a lot if anyone happens to have it.

Thanks!

Offline davidsg

• PS Silver Member
Re: "Lobachevsky" by Tom Lehrer
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 10:32:34 PM
... still looking for it... regards

Offline musikalischer_wirbelwind_280

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 04:17:44 AM
A late reply, but hopefully not too late. I'd say your best bet would be this book:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0394749308/qid=1125072227/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1?v=glance

As you can see, it has not only "Lobachevsky", but many other classics by the master.
Yes, "The elements" is most definitely there, as well. ;)

Best,
M.W.

Offline musikalischer_wirbelwind_280

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:58:54 AM
Little update:  ;)

You say in your original post that you already had a look at that book and there was only the lyrics of that Lehrer song. That seems odd, because I've had a look at it on Amazon, and as far as I saw every piece had the lyrics and the score. Maybe the edition you checked was a different one??...

Best,
M.W.

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert