Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: RIP Stefano Scodanibbio  (Read 1350 times)

Offline fftransform

• PS Silver Member
RIP Stefano Scodanibbio
on: January 16, 2012, 05:36:48 AM
=/

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Re: RIP Stefano Scodanibbio
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 01:27:45 AM
awe man we lost another one? i don't know what that is but i will look it up and listen in rememberance, what a shame. :'(

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 04:26:39 AM
I doubt many people will care about him here, since hardly any of us like modern music. Also, there aren't many double bass fans here. However, this man was a revolutionary. Haven't heard a lot of him, but I recognize his significance in music today. Rest in peace.

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:58:43 AM
I doubt many people will care about him here, since hardly any of us like modern music. Also, there aren't many double bass fans here. However, this man was a revolutionary. Haven't heard a lot of him, but I recognize his significance in music today. Rest in piece.
Peace, surely?(!). Yes, not many double bassists or fans here, I imagine. But what is it about Italy and double basses? There is another even finer and somewhat younger player of the instrument who, like Scodanibbio, performs a great deal of contemporary music; while mourning the untimely loss of Stefano Scodanibbio, then, let's hear it for Corrado Canonici.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline beebert

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 09:34:07 AM
Scodanibbio was a great composer and friend of my father.. RIP

Offline retrouvailles

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 07:29:29 PM
Peace, surely?(!).

Sorry, I was thinking with my fingers and my ears and not with my brain.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 07:55:16 PM
Has anyone read what kind of a disease he had?? I looked in Wikipedia and it's a really horrible disease!!!  :o  :(

And I love double bass!! (it's my second favourite instrument together with cello!!)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 08:13:08 PM
A cousin of mine died from lou gherig's disease.  It really is one of the worst deaths possible.   I can only imagine the moral strength he must have had and the daily courage to endure it.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert