Piano Forum

Topic: What are the good piano stores in NY city?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
What are the good piano stores in NY city?
on: February 20, 2012, 03:27:08 AM
Hi All,

I'm going to New York city in a month for a convention, and I want to go to the best piano stores and check out what they have.

What are the good piano stores in NY to go to?

Offline starlady

• PS Silver Member
Re: What are the good piano stores in NY city?
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 04:42:38 AM

Steinway Hall, across from Carnegie Hall, is wonderful. Also the music store upstairs from the showroom is the most extensive I've ever been in. Enjoy!  https://www.steinwayshowrooms.com/steinway-hall

Offline keys60

Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 11:41:22 PM
Steinway Hall of course, but it really depends on what you're browsing. Bechstein is on 54 st., Faust and Harrison for Mason Hamlins (love MH's), Beethoven Pianos on 54th. 54th st. has good shops I think between 7th and 8th ave. You'll find quite a few in that general vicinity. Have fun.

Offline thalberg

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:25:19 AM
Thanks Keys!!  Anyone else?

Offline rocklandpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 12:06:55 PM

I'm going to New York city in a month for Duplex Piano Bar, this gay-friendly (and open to all), sing-along friendly multi-level bar is both an engaging stop in the West Village for a couple of drinks and some lively music, and an all-night dance party and home to New York’s longest-running continuous cabaret theater. The Duplex staff (many are professional musicians) kicks things off at 9 p.m. singing while they work. Broadway tunes, American Songbook, 80s pop and plenty of Gaga get thrown into the mix. On Sunday nights, find staffers Brian Nash, Poppi Kramer and Shanna Sharp hitting the keys. A word of warning: The karaoke competition here can be fierce.
Piano players in Monsey, New York have relied on Charles Flaum since before 1990 for piano tuning, piano repairs and sage piano advice. Monsey, a family oriented village in Rockland County, is full of
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert