Piano Forum

Topic: How old is my piano?  (Read 6749 times)

Offline gerhardk77

• PS Silver Member
How old is my piano?
on: February 26, 2012, 01:02:53 AM
My sister was given an old standing piano. Its a Heintzman, Gerhard. It has a receipt of purchase from 1946 (phew!) and its serial number is 30912. I'm wondering how old it is, when it was made?

Offline iansinclair

• PS Silver Member
Re: How old is my piano?
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:39:31 AM
You might try contacting Heintzman & Co. in Toronto, but according to the information on their website (https://www.hzmpiano.com) your serial number places it around 1908.  Gerard Heintzmans have a reputation of being "the finest piano made in Canada".
Ian

Offline silverwoodpianos

Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 03:35:36 PM

Gerhard Heintzman is the nephew of Theodore Heintzman, the founder of Heintzman & Co of Canada.

Not much is known about the Gerhard even by the remaining family members that I know.

The numbers for Gerhard Heintzman pianos stop in 1912 at 23322 and then begin again in 1919 at 33142. About 1400 units per yr.
Dan Silverwood
 www.silverwoodpianos.com
https://silverwoodpianos.blogspot.com/

If you think it's is expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.

Offline terraza7

Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 01:22:27 AM
Hi everybody. could you please help me?

How old is my piano, Schumann & Sons, New York SERIAL # 91468?

Thanks

Freddy

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 02:58:07 AM
Welcome to Pianostreet.

You would be better off starting your own thread.  Might get more responses, and it sure makes following responses about two different pianos a lot easier to follow. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert