Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Suggestions for some relaxing classical CDs  (Read 1657 times)

Offline flyinfingers

Suggestions for some relaxing classical CDs
on: February 27, 2012, 05:07:51 AM
We just purchased an infrared sauna today (Made in good ol' USA of cedar wood from Canada.)  Mostly got it to detox and relax.  It comes with a CD player.  I would like to purchase some CDs of some relaxing classical piano music.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!
I wear my heart on my sleeve.  Don't touch my shirt!  Coined by yours truly, flyinfingers

Offline jimbo320

• PS Silver Member
Re: Suggestions for some relaxing classical CDs
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 05:01:31 PM
This is a site I had some recordings on. Great relaxing solos and you can purchase cd's....
https://solopianoradio.com/
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Music is art from the heart. Let it fly\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"...

Offline flyinfingers

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:36:38 PM
Thanks, Jimbo.  That was exactly the music I was interested in!  Very relaxing.
I wear my heart on my sleeve.  Don't touch my shirt!  Coined by yours truly, flyinfingers

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:07:20 AM
The complete piano music of Arnold Schoenberg.  If by "relaxing" you mean "likely to put you to sleep".

Be careful not to drown.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline williampiano

• PS Silver Member

Offline flyinfingers

Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:01:41 AM
Thank you!  Those sound very soothing!  I was on the fence about getting this sauna, taking up space and all.  Turns out my husband wants it more than I do.  I was at the home show two years ago and saw it and then went back this year and saw the same guy.

JMENZ, what do you mean by drown?  It's a sauna, not like a hot tub.  Have no use for those stupid things.  Bathtub is suffice!
AND I'm sure you don't think I put my little baby in the dryer!  She loves warmies!  Everything ends in ies, as you can imagine.  We even say, Situatidies.  I know it sounds dumb!  But what's a mother to do?

But if I had to die, I would like it to be in my own sweat!  They didn't call my Uncle Phil Uncle Squeege for nothing!  He sweated a lot!  Then we asked my dad why we called him Uncle Squeege and he said because he sweats a lot!  Gotta love it.  
Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline jimbo320

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 05:14:35 PM
WHAT!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Music is art from the heart. Let it fly\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"...

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 05:26:04 PM
The complete piano music of Arnold Schoenberg.  If by "relaxing" you mean "likely to put you to sleep".
OK, so the piano never quite brought the best out of Schönberg, admittedly, but tghat's hardly a helpful comment, is it?

I'd say save yourself some money and not have any, but since the very (oxy)moronic term "relaxing classics" is enough to make me want to throw up, I'm arguably not the best person to ask...

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 12:07:42 AM
OK, so the piano never quite brought the best out of Schönberg, admittedly, but that's hardly a helpful comment, is it?

I have to confess to never having warmed to anything by Schoenberg. Perhaps a sauna is just what I need.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline grandpianochannel

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 04:44:53 PM
Please listen to the music of pianist Jan Mulder

Offline flyinfingers

Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 02:43:00 AM
 :D  Thank you for the beautiful suggestion!  It's a beautiful video!  How can you not like the innocent animals in a video?  Today I was landscaping and I had my beautiful birds out there chirping to stay away from their nest.  Last year, I stepped on their eggs by mistake!  I cried for hours!  This year, I'm treading lightly on our landscaping.  

Our sauna is not here yet as we put off delivery because my husband is going on a Hawaiian cruise (leaving any hour now) with his mother and sisters!  Aaargh!   I wasn't invited, but I have my little doggie Keno to keep me company.
But I've been taking hot yoga.  That is the most exhausting thing I think I have ever done! :P  It's an hour and a half and I'm like the least flexible person there, but I love sweating! Thank you.  
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert