Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Finally playing again...  (Read 3134 times)

Offline demimondegirl

• PS Silver Member
Finally playing again...
on: March 05, 2012, 05:29:47 AM
After many years away I have had to play again. It's too much of a heartache when my heart bleeds for it, and life is so painful. All this winter I have tried to help myself, to teach myself. I have tried tonight twice to record myself on a Yamaha digital piano that's too high, tethered to my laptop with a midi interface feeding Garageband.

Bach Fugue.

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Re: Finally playing again...
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 02:30:13 PM
It's too much of a heartache when my heart bleeds for it, and life is so painful.

Hello, I just hope that whatever pain has been inflicted in your life, you will not have lost hope .... "with all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams .... it is still a beautiful world". 

I did enjoy and like the way you handled these Bach pieces.  THANKS!
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline demimondegirl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:50:18 PM
Thank you, beautiful sir!

Offline cbreemer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 09:55:56 PM
Very respectable playing, maybe a little hard-driven. You seem to have a habit of placing accents in strange places, which was more disturbing in take 1 than in take 2. Are you used to playing jazz ? You seem well aware of the voicing and are doing mostly right with it, though in places it could better. I thought I heard one or two some tiny misreadings/slips but nothing serious. I can't say I like your ending, it's like the fugue simple deflates. All in all, promising Bach playing. You should keep working at this a bit more.

Offline demimondegirl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:50:40 AM
Some progress, though I need to even it out, some fingers stick out (I'm trying to build a reliable technique).

P.S.

I also tried the prelude this time, and included it if you like. Anyway, it all needs (so much) work!

Offline demimondegirl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 04:11:46 AM
I haven't been here in some time...here's another update.

Offline demimondegirl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 04:15:40 AM
Hmm...the file seems to have been corrupted after (or by) conversion. I'll investigate.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert