Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Are you a student or a teacher?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline roseamelia

• PS Silver Member
Are you a student or a teacher?
on: April 21, 2012, 08:41:59 PM
I'm a student and will hope to be a teacher after I finish all my lessons. Are you a teacher or a student? to the teachers I will ask: Is it fun to be a piano teacher? and to the students: are you enjoying your teacher?

-Rose
But Jesus looked at them and said "With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible!"<br /><br />~Jesus Matthew 19:26

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Re: Are you a student or a teacher?
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:04:07 PM
i will forever be a student.  i'll stop learning when i'm good and dead.

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:46:56 PM
As a teacher I feel it is my duty to be a student.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline roseamelia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 12:36:23 AM
That is true Enrique You'll always be learning something while your playing piano you learn a new thing every-time you play. :) ;D
But Jesus looked at them and said "With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible!"<br /><br />~Jesus Matthew 19:26

Offline piano_vs_science

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 02:07:19 AM
I'm a student and will hope to be a teacher after I finish all my lessons. Are you a teacher or a student? to the teachers I will ask: Is it fun to be a piano teacher? and to the students: are you enjoying your teacher?

-Rose

I dunno my teacher seems quite nice and I love playing with her dog and...at least she's not Asian :P
"e^ix=cosx+isinx"
Leonhard Euler

Offline roseamelia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 05:31:33 PM
My teacher has a dog too. :)

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 10:56:01 PM
I think most of us are both... We are learning from the greats, and passing our knowledge onto those who aren't as skilled or just learning.

The day I stop learning is the day I stop breathing.

Offline ajspiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 12:11:47 AM
At points I find teaching to be a case of learning on behalf of the student collective.. 

..and since students can at times encounter challenges that the teacher didn't at the same level you almost have to learn everything again with each new student, there is no end to learning for the truly dedicated teacher.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert