Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Edward Grieg piano concerto LIVE!  (Read 3245 times)

Offline ermintkalec

• PS Silver Member
Edward Grieg piano concerto LIVE!
on: April 23, 2012, 12:05:05 PM
Hi,

Here is recording of me playing Grieg`s piano concerto in a - minor op.16

Enjoy! :D

Thanks for any comments. ;)

Offline ermintkalec

• PS Silver Member
Re: Edward Grieg piano concerto LIVE!
Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:17:25 PM
is anybody here?

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 12:59:30 AM
is anybody here?
some the board submissions can take some time to to get 'traction' also it's a bit longer performance so that might be a bit slow to get feedback, i haven't been able to watch it myself but plan to, i really like this concert, as often as it is performed/heard, i still like it very much.

i think if you will also invest some time to listen to other folks and provide some great feedback it might help get more eyes on your video.

i hope this doesn't discourage you from more submission or posting on other's audition room performances. i will watch this and hope to respond in the next couple of weeks.

Offline ermintkalec

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 11:51:35 AM
ok, thanks.

Offline ermintkalec

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 02:41:59 PM
 ;)

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 05:02:28 PM
;)
i don't know why no one else has  commented but worry not as i said i plan to sit down and listen well here shortly now that distractions are going away...

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 01:34:07 PM
Ermin, generally, the performances that don't receive any response are:
A) too bad to deserve the effort
B) too good to need a comment.
Yours falls of coure in the second category. You are obviously a pro, and your performance is of a very high level.
I love very much this concert, and enjoyed very, very much your interpetation.
A big applause from me, BRAVO!!!!!

Offline krajcher

Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 04:57:36 PM
Great performance!

But I am a little bit jealous, because I will never have such a pleasure to play with orchestra :)

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 01:07:43 AM
as has been said the fact that there is 'little' to say in your case is a very good thing. i absolutely love this concerto (despite many folks consensus that it isn't 'one of the better ones' ),meh pretty is pretty, and this is pretty music. you engage the listening and control where you want things to go. your ability to be so musical and relaxed while having no (percievable to me at least) ensemble issues i fantastic. bravo. a most excellent performance.

your dramatic openining and that little bit of extra time you took in those opening chors was just right!

Offline ermintkalec

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 09:49:50 PM
thanks to all! :)

Offline davidjosepha

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 08:23:37 PM
Great piano performance, but I found the orchestra lacking. A couple parts you played felt just a tad slow to me. You're clearly capable of playing them faster, and I think it would give it a more moving feel. Now, it's possible that's what the director intended, in which case there's not too much you can do. Great work!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert