Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Rozycki Concerto 1  (Read 2297 times)

Offline philb

• PS Silver Member
Rozycki Concerto 1
on: September 23, 2012, 11:08:20 PM
Derr, Thal? Do you know where one could acquire a full score/2 piano reduction of this wonderful concerto?

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rozycki Concerto 1
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 06:05:32 PM
If you want the full score, you will need to hire it from PWM, which is horrifically expensive.

You can buy the 2 piano score from some dealers, but it is a special order and about $100.

What I did was to get permission from the publishers (Wilhelm Hansen) and got a paper copy from the British Library. No doubt the score is held in other libraries that might be cheaper. Hansen gave me permission for free which is somewhat unusual.

This is a stunning and weirdly neglected work. On par with the Bortkiewitz which in my opinion eclipses everything.

Concertingly.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rozycki Concerto 1
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:17 PM
This is a stunning and weirdly neglected work. On par with the Bortkiewitz which in my opinion eclipses everything.

Concertingly.

Thal
am off to find a recording of this now!

PS/BTW slightly OT (but related) did you hear about this score being recently rediscovered after it was thought lost?
i absolutey loved it, listened to it several times last week

EDIT-indeed, wow. i still love the Bortkiewitz more, but this was sooo nice indeed. a 'new discovery' on my end.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert