Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Djabadary piano concerto  (Read 4246 times)

Offline jimf

• PS Silver Member
Djabadary piano concerto
on: October 01, 2012, 07:44:32 PM
Hi there! Sorry to bother you once more but do you know where I could find the sheet music (preferably for two pianos) for Djabadary's piano concerto. It is pretty obscure, I doubt that even thalbergmad has it...  :)
Thanks in advance!

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Re: Djabadary piano concerto
Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:04:53 PM
which one, there are several.

all the copies i know of are in university collections in germany, switzerland, and france.

with the exception of op 10, northwestern university in il. has a copy.

i don't think this is in print so my next step would be to contact the library that has the op/concerto number you're interested in and and hope it is not on permanent reserve so you can do an interlibrary loan. if that's not an option see if arrangements can be made for them to provide a scan/copy according to the rules that allow them to do such things.

www.worldcat.org

you can also try posting the question on the unsung compoer's forum, several of thost cats seem to know a bit about the composer and have managed to find and post some of the scores to other works, so those publishers might be good ones to sniff out too.

https://www.unsungcomposers.com/forum/index.php

Offline jimf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:07:51 PM
Thanks 49410enrique! I actually knew that it is his third piano concerto that I have been looking for, but I wouldn't mind checking on his other concertos and works...

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 07:31:08 AM
It is pretty obscure, I doubt that even thalbergmad has it...  :)

Indeed not, I have only got the Rhapsodie. The Concertos are on my shopping list.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline rohaniyer

Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 12:04:00 PM
Hi Thal,

Would it be possible for you to please attach the file for the Rhapsodie here? Or send it to me through some other method?

Recently, I've listened to whatever Djabadary music I could get my hands on and I've really loved it! It would be nice to have reference to a score, to study.

Have you managed to get a copy of the Piano concertos? I've tried emailing the universities/libraries that house them, but I am still awaiting replies!

Thanks,
Rohan

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 06:12:48 PM
I have 2 of the concertos and the rhapsody, but both regretfully were private donations marked for no circulation.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline rohaniyer

Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 10:36:36 PM
Hi Thal,

Oh okay, thats unfortunate. Do you know who else I could contact if I wanted to get my hands on a copy of the scores? The libraries (2 in Germany, and BNF in Paris) still haven't replied to my emails.... I might just give them a call in a few days!

Thanks,

Rohan

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 04:45:44 PM
Right, the Rhapsody appears to have been one of my scans, so it is attached.

The concertos No.2 & 3, came from the Robert Schumann Institute in Dusseldorf, so I guess they will not have a problem in giving you copies.

Regards

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline rohaniyer

Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 12:27:25 AM
Hi Thal,

Wow, thank you very much for that attachment, it is much appreciated! :)

I have got a reply from a library in France which has kindly sent me the 1st and 2nd Piano concerto, and the 8 Oeuvres pour Piano Seul. They haven't explicitly mentioned that it is not for circulation, so if you are interested, let me know, and I can direct you to the library, or attach the files.

Great, I'll get in contact with the Robert Schumann institute. I'll be interested to see what other Djabadary works they are in possession off!

Thanks again,

Rohan

Offline cislak566

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 01:20:45 PM
Hi Rohan

I know, I know, this topic is veeery old and you probably don't have the files anymore, but if you do, could you please attach them or send them to me? The one I need most is the 8 Oeuvres pour Piano Seul.

Thanks in advance
best wishes

Mateusz
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert