Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: stupid noisy neighbour ... rant  (Read 1501 times)

Offline slane

• PS Silver Member
stupid noisy neighbour ... rant
on: October 24, 2012, 07:20:29 AM

My turn for a vent please. SO glad I found this thread.

We live on a large suburban block, double brick house.
Our moron neighbour (and he is really stupid) thinks its a good idea to play his execrable music all day every day outside. Especially now the weather is fine. But at the same time as "listening" to his music, he uses his leaf blower! He hates all things growing or animal.

My husband has called a couple of times telling him "hey! that's a bit loud" and been laughed at and ignored so the other day we put a photocopy of a chapter from a book in their letterbox explaining why you should be careful with your noise levels.
Now effect.
So I called through the fence "What do you think would happen if everyone played their music like that" and he told me he can do what he likes in his own backyard and to PISS OFF.
Twice. And then went and turned the music up. This guy is huuuge.
And I am small. So I rang the police. That stopped him.
But this morning I get a letter from his wife listing all our faults and telling us that they wouldn't bother to use their indoor voices outside anymore.
Well that's interesting because when the police arrived they wanted to know what all the yelling was and I said "Just him yelling at his kids". Of course this guy doesn't have a job you see (neither do I but that's by choice) so he's always home yelling and playing his "music".

Well I guess you can't really choose your neighbours so I shouldn't get too upset about this, but I am. I don't like living next to such horrible people. They should move to a less salubrious suburb where they'd fit in better. :)