Piano Forum logo
July 22, 2017, 02:56:59 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Dynamic Duo Anderson & Roe Debut on the Steinway Label

Greg Anderson and Elizabeth Joy Roe form one of the most thrilling young piano duos performing today. The debut release from Anderson & Roe on the Steinway & Sons label is a showstopper captured in spectacular audiophile-quality sound by multi-Grammy-winning producer Steven Epstein. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bus station sonata nonplayers playing piano  (Read 2753 times)
antnhec
PS Silver Member

« on: November 18, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »

Hi, I came across the forum. I have been doing a ocupel of piano projects and was thinking it might be of interest here. In this work we set up a piano in a bus station witha pianist and then got them to play Beethoven moonlight Sonata, only we got passers-bye to join in with him, many of whom were non players. I would really like to know what people think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BvGbJhig1Q
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Sonata 14 (Moonlight)
outin
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:48:27 PM »

Hi, I came across the forum. I have been doing a ocupel of piano projects and was thinking it might be of interest here. In this work we set up a piano in a bus station witha pianist and then got them to play Beethoven moonlight Sonata, only we got passers-bye to join in with him, many of whom were non players. I would really like to know what people think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BvGbJhig1Q

Nice idea Smiley

I think new innovations are really needed if we want to get people interested in the piano in this era of effortless entertainment.

When I was a child probably one in 5 of my peers played an instrument (piano being the most common) at least in the middle class families. Nowdays most of my friends have children but very few of them play anything Sad They do sports and computer stuff on their free time.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

My summer projects: Scarlatti K87, K466, K109, Scriabin op74 preludes, Chopin Waltz 69-2 and Berceuse. And just exploring more music...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: