Piano Forum logo
September 26, 2017, 06:19:51 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Piano Street Mobile – Sheet Music on the Go for Mobile Devices

Get instant access on the go to 3000+ study scores from the standard classical piano repertoire. On m.pianostreet.com, a mobile version of Piano Street’s sheet music library you can easily view all piano scores on your mobile device. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jazz  (Read 1826 times)
quaver
PS Silver Member

« on: November 29, 2012, 03:24:52 PM »

I am trying to teach myself jazz and have alot of Lee Evans instruction books.  I am stuck on his interpretation of a tetrachord.  He refers to lower jazz tetrachord in C major as A - C - D -Eflat.  The Upper Jazz Tetrachord is E natural - G - A - B flat.  Tetrachords in classical music are whole, whole, half step configuration.  Can anyone enlighten me on the formation of a Jazz tetrachord.  Your reply would be much appreciated. 

Does anyone know of any jazz forums that I could join.  Need alot of help as I am self taught.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
pianoyutube
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 06:42:35 PM »

I strongly recommend you "the jazz piano book" from Mark Levine.
evitaevita
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:32:21 PM »

I strongly recommend you "the jazz piano book" from Mark Levine.

I agree.
Have a look at this:
http://books.google.gr/books?id=6s_fFADfl7UC&printsec=frontcover&dq=jazz+piano+book+mark+levine&hl=el&sa=X&ei=mzvsUNP1OoqH4AS68IGwBQ&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAA

"I'm a free person; I feel terribly free. They could put me in chains and I still would be free because my thoughts would be mine - and that's all I want to have."
Arthur Rubinstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: