Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Verdi's Aida for piano  (Read 1843 times)

Offline jimf

• PS Silver Member
Verdi's Aida for piano
on: December 16, 2012, 12:26:44 PM
Hi there! Do you know where I could find Verdi's Aida complete arranged for solo piano? Not only the march and not the vocal score!
Thanks in advance,
Jim

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Re: Verdi's Aida for piano
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 01:12:23 PM
are you asking becuase you know a complete piano reduction was composed/done and published but you can't find it?

or are you asking for something as a 'just in case it exists' but are not sure/unable to confirm if such a work/publication was ever put out ?

asking since it can help with a search if you know any relevant information such as a composer than transcribed or editor, or publisher (company name), year it was put out, langauge/country it was released, etc.

i ahve resources i can check but the more 'vague' the less accuracy i tend to have and the more likley my searches will 'skip' possible hits.

Offline jimf

• PS Silver Member
Re: Verdi's Aida for piano
Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 02:11:36 PM
It is a "just in case it exists". However, a year ago I had spotted on ebay someone selling such a version of Aida but I can't remember anything about it...

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert