Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: What do you do to take your mind off things?  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
What do you do to take your mind off things?
on: December 28, 2012, 02:55:36 AM
Music, practicing, life, etc.

I've noticed an effect with playing a quick game or watching movie.  The weight of the world lifted for a little bit. 

What other things are there like that?
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline rachmaninoff_forever

• PS Silver Member
Re: What do you do to take your mind off things?
Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 04:25:35 AM
Piano and skateboarding.

Rubik's cubes!

Amiring pictures of Valentina Lisitsa.  Or listening to her music.  Most of her music.

Sleeping.

Reading romance novels.
Live large, die large.  Leave a giant coffin.

Offline vsrinivasa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:33:50 AM
Writing lesson plans for my classes (it's really boring but it helps me relax), playing any of my instruments (especially Brahms intermezzos on piano; they are very relaxing), solving logic puzzles, challenging myself with unsolvable physics problems, sleeping, watching the news, watching it rain (if it's raining), listening to music, reading mystery or science fiction or literary or historical fiction, looking at Luciferous Logolepsy (an obscure words website), studying for my master's degree in mechanical engineering (my second master's!).

Offline roseamelia

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:40:42 AM
Playing the piano! :D
But Jesus looked at them and said "With man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible!"<br /><br />~Jesus Matthew 19:26
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert