Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Winthrop New York Piano age  (Read 2107 times)

Offline sharpieflat

• PS Silver Member
Winthrop New York Piano age
on: January 17, 2013, 04:07:35 AM
I am trying to find out the age of my upright piano. The brand is Winthrop and the serial number is 2660.
Please let me know your thoughts.

Offline sharpieflat

• PS Silver Member
Re: Winthrop New York Piano age
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 04:11:28 AM
Attached is a picture

Offline sharpieflat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 04:12:51 AM
And another one

Offline silverwoodpianos

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 04:06:15 PM

Made by H.P Nelson or perhaps N.W Nelson affiliated with Estey. The numbers point to the early part of the last century 1900-1910.

I wouldn’t worry so much about the pianos age; I think your house is leaning over too much to one side
Dan Silverwood
 www.silverwoodpianos.com
https://silverwoodpianos.blogspot.com/

If you think it's is expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert