Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Yamaha G3 and Kawai RX3  (Read 4347 times)

Offline jerryho

• PS Silver Member
Yamaha G3 and Kawai RX3
on: October 24, 2004, 10:36:11 PM
I currently own a Yamaha GA1 (4'11) grand and looking to upgrade in the near future. I
like the "bright" asian piano sounds and had my eyes on the Yamaha ever since the beginning.

Recent posts that I've read through the forum brought up another name : Kawai.

I like to know how the Kawai RX-3 stacks up against the Yamaha C-3. What are the differences in tone and street price for both models? Thank you.

Offline Axtremus

• PS Silver Member
Re: Yamaha G3 and Kawai RX3
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 01:56:32 AM
Personally, I like the C3 little bit better than the RX-3. The typical new C-3's I've played just felt a little more solid and the tone a little firmer than the typical new RX-3's I've played in the last 12 months or so. And the C3 tends to be a little brighter than RX-3.

Best thing to do is to play them both decide for yourself.

Street prices, I guess, a new black C-3 may be 5%~10% more expensive than a new black RX-3. Just a guess.

Offline rlefebvr

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 03:21:39 AM
I would agree with that assessment
Ron Lefebvre

Ron Lefebvre © Copyright. Any reproduction of all or part of this post is sheer stupidity.

Offline nipon gaki

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 06:17:24 PM
hey jerry,

did you buy your buy your C3 yet??
trade in is not going to be good. Your GA1 is not going to have much value to a dealer. Your best bet is to sell the GA1 first then make the deal for a new C3. This way you will get the best price. The salesman will inflate the price of the the new C3 to give you a larger discount for your trade in.on the GA1. Get it?

BTW is your piano a GA1 or a GA1E (if the serial # has a 'E' the piano was made in indonesia otherwise it was made in Japan. indonesian models  obviously have  less value) Also the GA1 has been discontinued. The current model is a GB1.  which also lessens the value of your current piano.   :-[

I have great contacts if you need a new C3. Let me know

Offline LJC

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 09:22:32 PM
I have a C3 I bought new in 83 and it has been maintained meticulously with regular tunings and humidification. It is NOT gray market. It is in 99% condition in and out and is now for sale. I just bought a S&S Hamburg D. So you see it takes alot to do better than the C3. I am in New York, the C3 is available to try or to have a tech look at it. This piano is as good as new. Satin ebony finish w/ artist bench. if interested send me an e-mail LJCNPC@aol.com. 
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert