Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: From CC  (Read 2594 times)

Offline CC

• PS Silver Member
From CC
on: October 27, 2004, 04:38:15 AM
I have started several new projects, not all related to piano, and will not have the time to visit this forum with any regularity.  So, if you want to reach me, email me directly. This is a great forum, but its organization is too complex for quick surfing. Especially if someone might want to refer to my book, please do so for me, as I will probably not get around to it, or even find the thread.
C.C.Chang; my home page:

https://www.pianopractice.org/

Spatula

Re: From CC
Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 05:08:16 AM
Dude! you have to finish your fundimentals of piano book!

It's superb! Cmon do it for the kids!  :'(

Offline mound

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 10:54:50 AM
Thank you for everything Dr. Chang!
-Paul

Offline BoliverAllmon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 05:50:33 PM
yes, thank you for not gouging the public for 50 bucks a book.

Offline CC

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 04:32:45 AM
Among my priority projects are, of course, completion of my book.  Presently working on sections on "what age to start piano -- am I too old to start?", "how to learn to play chords, chord progressions, etc."  And I still need to oversea the translation into many other languages; presently working on Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Chinese, etc., -- but very difficult.  And many existing sections now need updating.
C.C.Chang; my home page:

Spatula

Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 04:39:39 AM
Among my priority projects are, of course, completion of my book.  Presently working on sections on "what age to start piano -- am I too old to start?", "how to learn to play chords, chord progressions, etc."  And I still need to oversea the translation into many other languages; presently working on Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Chinese, etc., -- but very difficult.  And many existing sections now need updating.

Who translates your book?  Other native speakers for a fee or whom?

Offline Blessed-Wine

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 05:32:06 AM
 :) Hi Dr Chang

I am very new to this forum so as I in piano ... still have not read up your materials yet but sure I will ....

Just to say to you --- GOD BLESS !

Offline drooxy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 08:38:15 PM
Mr Chang !

It takes me some time and a lot of energy to read your book because english is not my native language... but it really is worth it ! I travel quite often and cannot bring my piano with me in trains or planes !  ;)

But be sure that your book is always in my luggage !

(I am just coming back tonight from two days in Ireland... I spent the return flight duration reading a couple of chapters !).

So, just one word:

Thanks ! 

Drooxy

Drooxy

Offline CC

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 03:15:42 AM
All my translators are volunteers.  They don't get paid -- nada, zilch; I just don't have that kind of money, but plan to set up some kind of trust fund if I get support;  Bill Gates, etc., where are you????  My translators are the nicest bunch of people I have ever met.
C.C.Chang; my home page:

Spatula

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 04:55:55 AM
All my translators are volunteers.  They don't get paid -- nada, zilch; I just don't have that kind of money, but plan to set up some kind of trust fund if I get support;  Bill Gates, etc., where are you????  My translators are the nicest bunch of people I have ever met.

For the glory of music and arts...how swell!  :D

Yeah...just ordered the fink book sans video...makes me sad.

I like changs book...and I want to get the sandor and chopin students guide.

Offline goalevan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 03:59:42 PM
your book helped me so much, thank you thank you thank you

Spatula

Reply #11 on: November 01, 2004, 03:38:09 PM
Are there any more freebie piano guides like yours on the internet?

Offline CC

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 05:57:10 AM
Are there any more freebie piano guides like yours on the internet?

I would never have written my book if there were, because I would then be playing piano all day, and still have time to go fishing, snorkeling, and travelling all over the world, not to mention giving my wife some time to rest. Believe me, ever since I encountered Mlle Combe's method, I have been looking, and looking, and looking, and . . . . . . . . . ....................................
C.C.Chang; my home page:

Spatula

Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 06:03:09 AM
CC, You are da Man.

I believe we all owe a very deep appreciation and gratitude for your tremendous effort, research, study, and devotion to share what you know, and most of all: to do it for not even a nickel (besides the printing and freight costs etc).

Thank you very much.

Offline Maui

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 12:48:24 PM
CC, You are da Man.

I believe we all owe a very deep appreciation and gratitude for your tremendous effort, research, study, and devotion to share what you know, and most of all: to do it for not even a nickel (besides the printing and freight costs etc).

Thank you very much.

And that resumes everything :D

Thank you
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert