Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Recomend Links to great fun jazz and pop music for intermediate stds  (Read 2415 times)

Offline green

• PS Silver Member
Looking for recommendations to Links of great fun jazz/blues and pop music for intermediate stds.

Offline unholeee

• PS Silver Member
that last word. you don't muck around!

Offline unholeee

• PS Silver Member
joe hisaishi has some nice stuff that might suffice.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
fun jazz/blues and pop music for intermediate stds.

Novel, but I think antibiotics are still the recommended treatment.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline ajspiano

• PS Silver Member
Novel, but I think antibiotics are still the recommended treatment.

Depends, blues may be they only thing left if its HIV.

Seriously though, christopher norton...  rock and/or latin preludes, or some of the microjazz series (which may be too easy, you'll have to check it out)..  kerin bailey's jazzin around series..

Brian bonsor also wrote a few cool modern works that have been in the AMEB grade 6-7 syllabus.

Offline green

• PS Silver Member
AMEB has some great stuff for STDs. Works like a charm. (Any links to music which is free?)

Offline unholeee

• PS Silver Member
AMEB has some great stuff for STDs. Works like a charm. (Any links to music which is free?)

ah that would explain why all my pages fell out.. i should get that looked at.

Offline ben_crosland

• PS Silver Member
Well, I can heartily recommend this:

Get Set Jazz! Grades 4-7

But I am somewhat biased ;)
Teacher: Piano and Keyboard since 1987

Composer: "Get, Set, Jazz!" published by Spartan Press, and "Cool Beans!" published by Editions Musica Ferrum.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert