Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Here comes a new challenger!  (Read 4953 times)

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Here comes a new challenger!
on: May 10, 2013, 08:08:55 AM

Hello everyone,

Delighted to make your acquaintance. I think it would be the proper time to widen the knowledge about me.

I'm eight-teen years old, I live in Latin America, C.R and I had a sudden and violent surge to learn piano two years ago, it wasn't until seven months ago that I was able to start taking real lessons and it has been three and half months since I acquired my first acustic piano (Yamaha YUS1 if I am not mistaken).

I would like to apologise in advance for the stray grammar errors I will be prone to make, as my main language is Spanish and my intruction in English while decent was relative lax until I ran out of material to read in Spanish and tackled books in english.

That aside, I enjoy playing piano (You don't say, I know), listening to its music, naturally, and I even find practicing rather amusing. Aside from that I like reading, spending time with interesting people, cats, practicing Jeet Kude-Do and philosophy. Also I sometimes stare random people in the street or other places, if they hold my gaze (not glare, I swear) I nod and mouth "You're not bad". And yes, it has brought me more than once confrontation but it is generally worth it, since they rarely scalate.

Lets see... I also sometimes shout my name. SENAN shouts his name for no other reason than to gift the world with the glory of his magnificent voice breathing his magnificent name. There are no deep, philosophical interpretations of my reasoning and that is correct

My ambition is not to be a concert pianist, but to learn whatever music I like and holds my interest, thus I enjoy both contemporary pieces and classical ones, but I have not a specific artist who I worship. I hope to sameday hold the knowledge and skills to compose my own music.
Whatever this things bring me I shall make the best out of it!

I think that will be all.
Again pleased to meet you (yes you).

Best Wishes
~SS
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: Here comes a new challenger!
Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 12:04:03 PM
Congratulations!  You won!  Here's your trophy and a blue first place badge like everyone else gets.

Heh-low!

luh luh laah
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:33:37 PM
I feel special now.
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 03:56:32 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm eight-teen years old, I live in Latin America, C.R and I had a sudden and violent surge to learn piano two years ago....

violent surge???  did you hurt someone??   ;D

I would like to apologise in advance for the stray grammar errors I will be prone to make, as my main language is Spanish and my intruction in English while decent was relative lax until I ran out of material to read in Spanish and tackled books in english.   

You write pretty well!! :) 

Lets see... I also sometimes shout my name. SENAN shouts his name for no other reason than to gift the world with the glory of his magnificent voice breathing his magnificent name. There are no deep, philosophical interpretations of my reasoning and that is correct 

Oh well .... not to worry as I often make funny contortions of my face in front of the mirror as if exorcising myself!!!  ??? ;D

Welcome to PianoStreet!! 

member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline evitaevita

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 09:33:48 AM
Welcome to pianostreet! (Even a little bit too late...)

Pretty cool introduction!

Hope you're having a good time here,
Evitaevita

P.S. You don't need to apologize for not being a native speaker. By the way, your english is very good.
"I'm a free person; I feel terribly free. They could put me in chains and I still would be free because my thoughts would be mine - and that's all I want to have."
Arthur Rubinstein

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 02:22:07 AM
Thanks all for the kind welcomes!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert