Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Like function?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Like function?
on: May 12, 2013, 05:40:56 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if we could express our support for a post with a "like" function just like Facebook uses? There is a "Do you find this post useful?" function which is serving zero purpose for members at the moment, I think it would be cool to see who agrees with certain posts that are made.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Re: Like function?
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:17:07 PM
"Like"
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 07:09:21 PM
HAHA, not mentioning any names, but not everyone liked the like button.

To be honest, it was abused. My score consistently went down to 0.

Thal ;D
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 07:23:27 PM
 :'(  There's a difference between there being that number on your profile that's supposed to reflect your value to the forum, and has "dislikes" which adjust your score, vs. a simple like button for posts so people can respond in some way to ideas even if they don't necessarily have anything to say.  I've mentioned it before especially regarding posts in the audition room, but maybe it would be stupid, I don't know.
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 07:35:06 PM
You know you are valued. You don't need some silly button to confirm it :-*

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 06:17:05 AM
I can't see myself bothering to use such a thing. If I like something I post a reply, if not then I don't. I would not take part in any scheme to quantify the value of people as members. I might hold opinions but I don't think it right to voice them.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 06:58:18 AM
I think it encourages more forum interaction, many lurkers who say nothing get a chance to show their appreciation or support for a post by other fellow members. This forum has had very little updating being done in terms of function, it's the same old same old.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 03:28:57 PM
You know you are valued. You don't need some silly button to confirm it :-*

Thal

It would be a bit unfortunate to some if I believed that, wouldn't it?  Seeing as quite a bit of effort has been poured into making sure I believe the opposite.  And, there is a difference between being valuable and being valued.  Anyhow, who says I was talking about myself?

PS - thank you  ;D
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert