Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: "Gravitation" - Improvisation  (Read 2191 times)

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
"Gravitation" - Improvisation
on: May 26, 2013, 05:47:52 AM
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Re: "Gravitation" - Improvisation
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:52:14 PM
I love this! I love the deep space between the notes and chords, I love to hear you! :) I hear the gravitational pull  (or the relation) between Bb and f and vice versa throughout the piece. I love those intimate calls into the huge space....I love your chord creations...

:)

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 06:41:38 AM
It's nice to see Wolfi stop by :-)

m1469, you have always been good at listening to individual notes as they appear and die away to the effect that you are highly skilled in making much with little, or revealing the great riches to found amongst a small set of notes. Also, time control...how did 7 minutes just go by?

It's nice to see Wolfi stop by:-)
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline pankrpec

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 08:50:25 AM
I liked that very much and as furtwaengler said, it seemed shorter than it actually was.
All truths, not merely ideas, but truthful faces, truthful pictures or songs, are highly beautiful.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert