Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: LISZT SOIREES DE VIENNE- properly describing  (Read 3781 times)

Offline caroline1200

• PS Silver Member
LISZT SOIREES DE VIENNE- properly describing
on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:10 PM
LISZT Soirées de Vienne NO. 6 (1852) "d'apres Schubert"?
I am trying to title this piece (a Liszt piano transcription of a Schubert piece) and though I'd like write exactly what it says on the music itself --"-LISZT Soirées de Vienne NO. 6 d'apres F. Schubert" --I would also like non-classical musicians and generally, those not familiar with classical nomenclature, to understand exactly what this piece is.--in English. What would be the best, most direct and most correct way to title this in a few words at the top to my paragraph about the piece, so that musicians and non-musicians alike know what it is.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Re: LISZT SOIREES DE VIENNE- properly describing
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 01:30:04 AM
Liszt's Soirees de Vienne (Viennese Evenings) - Number 6, after Schubert.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert