Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Yamaha GT20 vs Accoustic piano - The touch ?  (Read 4138 times)

Offline drooxy

• PS Silver Member
Yamaha GT20 vs Accoustic piano - The touch ?
on: November 04, 2004, 06:49:54 AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to have your opinions guys regarding the Yamaha GT20 and more specifically its keyboard and mechanism...

For those who tried it, do you feel the touch is really close to the one of an accoustic piano ?

Thanks !
Drooxy

Drooxy

Offline Pierre_Bezuhov

• PS Silver Member
Re: Yamaha GT20 vs Accoustic piano - The touch ?
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 03:43:20 PM
I have played one and it is just not the same. However its better than clavinovas.

Offline pianopick

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 08:43:27 PM
I played for a church lately that had one, and It is very "different".  I have noticed that the keys tend to stick easier and you can never get a digital "piano"(or so they try to call it) that has action like that of an acoustic piano.

Offline drooxy

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 09:09:13 PM
Thanks to you two for answering !

Is it so different that one should "relearn" everything when switching to an acoustic piano ?

thanks again.
Drooxy
Drooxy
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert