Piano Forum

Topic: Yamaha CG1PE Grand Piano for SALE  (Read 1428 times)

Offline carloscose

• PS Silver Member
Yamaha CG1PE Grand Piano for SALE
on: August 22, 2013, 12:47:30 AM
Hi Everyone, new to the forum and first post! My mum bought a Yamaha CG1PE in 2008 for basically an 'ornament' - I know this will make some people upset as it is an amazing piece of workmanship and a beautiful instrument, well it made me upset always seeing it sit there! I tried a few times to play some chords but really didn't have the expertise to work it is as it was built for serious Pianists. Now, to the point! We are looking to sell this and would like to know if there is anyone in Australia who would be interested in purchasing this?
We are looking for $11,000.
When it was purchased it retailed for over $16,000.
Serial Number is 6201661 and this is a Japanese model, not Indonesian.
The Piano is in brand new condition and inspection is welcome, photos can also be provided upon request. Thank you and apologies if I have posted this in the wrong section. :)

Offline lhorwinkle

Re: Yamaha CG1PE Grand Piano for SALE
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:32:11 AM
When buying a new piano, a buyer can easily negotiate 20% or 25% off the retail price. So a piano with a retail price of $16000 might easily be bought at $12000.

For a five-year-old piano, I wouldn't expect anyone to jump on your asking price of $11000.

You might ask $11000, but don't be surprised if someone offers less.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert