Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Good harpsichord sound on cheaper piano?  (Read 2260 times)

Offline hypophthalmus

• PS Silver Member
Good harpsichord sound on cheaper piano?
on: November 10, 2013, 04:19:31 AM
I'm looking to possibly buy a digital piano since I live in an apartment. Both the Kawai KDP90 and the Casio px850 were well reviewed, so I'm looking in that price range.

Since I'm very fond of baroque music, it'd be nice to have a realistic harpsichord sound. I remember that when I had a Yamaha Clavinova, it had a pretty nice one, including the release sound. Does anybody know if either of these models have a decent harpsichord sound? Or if there are any other digital pianos of a similar price that do?

Offline iancollett6

• PS Silver Member
Re: Good harpsichord sound on cheaper piano?
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:43:00 AM
I dont know the prices of those models you mentioned but Ive a Yamaha p95 for a second practise instrument and that has a pretty good harpsichord sound.
 Its a good quality entry level piano.
"War is terrorism by the rich and terrorism is war by the poor." Peter Ustinov

Offline jjbenjamins

Re: Good harpsichord sound on cheaper piano?
Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 09:48:39 PM
When you want a good harpsichord sound...go for yamaha clp 320 or higher level....

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert