Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: What level would I be?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline maffiegiraffie

• PS Silver Member
What level would I be?
on: November 21, 2013, 05:23:20 AM
Hello everyone!
I want to know what level of piano I would be.
I have been taking for about 8 and 1/2 years. I can play almost all level ten pieces as far as I know, and I think I can play even more difficult, but I am not for sure. The funny thing is, Chopin's Nocturne in C Sharp minor (level 5 ?) seems to have given me a bit of a harder challenge than his Waltz in E Minor (level 10) Maybe it was my imagination though.

Offline hfmadopter

• PS Silver Member
Re: What level would I be?
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 10:15:45 AM
Re: the two Chopin pieces, sometimes a piece or the patterns of notes within one just fits our hands and mind set better than another. In other words it may come more natural to us and a simpler one less. That can be the case with certain composers works as well.

I don't know what grade level you are at and based off your description I doubt anyone else will either. Sorry..
Depressing the pedal on an out of tune acoustic piano and playing does not result in tonal color control or add interest, it's called obnoxious.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert