Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Reasonably Priced Gems  (Read 1553 times)

Offline jr11

• PS Silver Member
Reasonably Priced Gems
on: November 20, 2004, 07:06:51 AM
I had a fabulous encounter today. I have had the pleasure recently of being able to play some very fine and expensive instruments. However, I came across a truly outstanding one. For the record, it was a 175cm Pramberger grand, but it could have been any brand or model; I have played others of exactly the same model with different results. But this one was truly one in a million. Perhaps the wood was freakishly sonically matched, and the action just coincidently balanced. But such perfect tone, clear thundering bass, firm yet butter-smooth action, monster volume, tantilizingly dark but transparent... I just couldn't stop playing. The price was, refreshingly, under $30,000 Cdn.

Unfortunately, I am already married to a wonderful heirloom grand, but ahhh, temptation! She will make a lucky someone a marvelous soulmate, indeed.

Has anyone else happened across such a wonderful, unique, and affordable piano?

Offline classicarts

• PS Silver Member
Re: Reasonably Priced Gems
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 03:08:07 AM
I suggest you do some research online.  They have vast amount of source that can help you better understand about gems.  :) Cheers.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert