Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Indiana University Bloomington Jacobs School of Music  (Read 1263 times)

Offline yohankwon

• PS Silver Member
going there for college!!!!!!!!!!! pretty pumped

What do you guys think of the music program at IU?

Offline iansinclair

• PS Silver Member
Re: Indiana University Bloomington Jacobs School of Music
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 01:58:51 AM
Good show!  I'm not familiar with the current state of affairs, but over the years they have had an excellent music program, and I don't expect it has changed much.  Not just performing, either -- teaching, theory, history, composing, the lot.  All good.
Ian

Offline indianajo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 01:00:13 PM
Welcome to the state.  It is beautiful all four seasons here.  It is particularly scenic from Bloomington south to the National Forest.  
Nearly all the professional musicians around here went to IU. (Clark County, IN)  Some quite talented musicians are in the group.  They have merged meetings of  the alumus group of the organ school with the local organ guild, so a number of members have performed free concerts.  I enjoy these, and wish the piano guild had a similar program.
The school is particularly good at early music.  

Offline yohankwon

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 12:32:42 AM
Yeah, the campus is very nice, but also very confusing xD I'm a big fan of opera so I'm really excited to see what's happening there.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert