Piano Forum logo
September 26, 2017, 11:03:58 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Noriko Ogawa asks Beethoven to Leave her Alone

Noriko Ogawa seems to be comfortable in the same pea pod as Claude Debussy; she displays a similar maverick streak to the French composer. In this video Nogawa makes her point by discussing the different aspects of Debussy’s Prelude No. 12, Book 2, Feux D’Artifice (Fireworks). Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IIYM  (Read 2095 times)
david456103
PS Silver Member

« on: June 02, 2014, 01:59:11 PM »

I'm just curious, who else is going this year?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
j_menz
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 10:35:13 PM »

I see they use "International" in that peculiar American way, much like "World" in World Series.

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant
david456103
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 11:32:08 PM »

@j_menz: what does that mean?
j_menz
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 12:41:35 AM »

I mean that despite it's stated international focus/dimension, it appears to be largely domestic.  I'm not criticising that btw, just the US penchant for claiming global significance for all things.

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant
david456103
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 03:49:22 AM »

@j_menz: I see your point, but you have to remember that it's in the US, so based on geography much more US residents are likely to attend. If it were in China or Russia, then the majority of the participants would probably be from asia and europe, respectively. People from different countries do come, so I think "international" is fair despite the majority of attendees being from the US.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: