Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Rest in peace my baby Anatoly, 100 year death anni  (Read 1477 times)

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
So this year is the 100 yr death anniversary of my dear baby love liadov(and the anni of ww1 but that's not important). So how do you propose we celebrate this glorious event? Good question. I'll probably make a thread in the studio section, and it'll be about posting your performances of a piece by him. This isn't really time consuming....considering the fact that most of his compositions are 30 seconds long. It's a neat idea cause that way well get recordings of pieces I'm unable to play(and hear on YouTube).

Well? Well?

Obviously I'll have to be the first one to post a recording...so hopefully others will follow........

We celebrate the anniversaries of Bach, chopin, Schumann (inb4 thal), Mozart....etc

So why not liadov?

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Re: Rest in peace my baby Anatoly, 100 year death anni
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:01:47 PM
So this year is the 100 yr death anniversary of my dear baby love liadov(and the anni of ww1 but that's not important). So how do you propose we celebrate this glorious event? Good question. I'll probably make a thread in the studio section, and it'll be about posting your performances of a piece by him. This isn't really time consuming....considering the fact that most of his compositions are 30 seconds long. It's a neat idea cause that way well get recordings of pieces I'm unable to play(and hear on YouTube).

Well? Well?

Obviously I'll have to be the first one to post a recording...so hopefully others will follow........

We celebrate the anniversaries of Bach, chopin, Schumann (inb4 thal), Mozart....etc

So why not liadov?

We know for a fact Liadov had a hand in the Duke's assassination.
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 11:31:23 PM
Oh

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:49:06 PM
the Duke's assassination.

Archduke. You could have been shot for demoting him.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 11:59:32 PM
J, you could always play a fugue...

I know you like em

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 12:32:10 AM
J, you could always play a fugue...

I know you like em

I'm not sure I have them. (Yes, I know they're on IMSLP). Will have to check.

Not much notice though. Did you forget he died?
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 01:00:20 AM

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 03:38:28 AM
Archduke. You could have been shot for demoting him.

I refer to kings and princes, queens as princesses, archdukes and dukes, for I am superior to all those titles. I'm the Dark Lord and my curiosity has been piqued for those 30 second compositions.
"The thousand years of raindrops summoned by my song are my tears, the thunder that strikes the earth is my anger!"

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 03:41:33 AM
I refer

At least you're regressed to the singular.

And to further your education..

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 03:55:55 AM

So why not liadov?

I never quite polished the prelude to my satisfaction, the pedalling was difficult...so can't post any of the recordigs I made :(

Offline senanserat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 07:38:14 AM
At least you're regressed to the singular.

And to further your education..

Naturally we're in the eight day of July.

Magnificent. Why haven't I heard of such thing before. If I discover I have been keeped out of the loop on purpose,heads will roll.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 10:27:43 AM
I never quite polished the prelude to my satisfaction, the pedalling was difficult...so can't post any of the recordigs I made :(

I know how you feel man. I had a lot of trouble with this one prelude in c minor, forgot the opus though, maybe it was 36? Idk, but the left hand part was easy and difficult at the same time if that makes any sense. Spent so much time trying to bring those two voices to life. Can't believe I spent like 3 months on a one page composition......sigh

Took a look at that barcarolle, got a heart ache and decided not to touch it for the next 3 years.

Offline mjames

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 10:39:43 AM
Naturally we're in the eight day of July.

Magnificent. Why haven't I heard of such thing before. If I discover I have been keeped out of the loop on purpose,heads will roll.

Eet sum mor

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert