Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Advanced Carol of the Bells?  (Read 4053 times)

Offline lephantome92

Advanced Carol of the Bells?
on: December 08, 2014, 09:05:54 PM
Does anyone know of an advanced arrangement of Carol of the Bells that is :not: moderately new age or reflective in mood? I've spent several hours searching, but the ones that were in my budget were really more new age and reflective versions.
Some of the arrangers I've listened to and found too reflective:
Mark Hayes
Paul Cardall
Jim Brickman
David Tolk
Doug Hammer
David Lanz
Philip Wesley
David Hicken
Jennifer Eklund
The Jarrod Radnich arrangement was interesting closer to the end, but parts of it, especially the beginning, seemed dull, and the scalar passages seemed extraneous. I don't want to pay $7 if I don't totally care for 1/4 of the piece.
I have an arrangement that's highly similar to the George Winston arrangement, but would like something with a little more "oomph" to it.
The arrangement I found that I really like is by Matt Riley. However, unless there aren't other options, I'd prefer not to pay the also $7 that his arrangement (for the solo) costs.
In conclusion, does anyone have any ideas of arrangements of Carol of the Bells of similar sound to the Matt Riley that are $5 or less if paid, or even free? If it's part of a book, the other pieces are of similar caliber, and I can find recordings relatively easily, I'd give them consideration.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: Advanced Carol of the Bells?
Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 09:43:08 PM
so you want the piece, but don't want the piece. and you want something that might have to be paid for but don't want to pay for it. and if you do need to pay for it ,you don't want to pay what it costs. oh, and you don't want suggestions for almost all commercially available ones because they don't adhere to your requirements . but you'll consider as  as long as Saturn was in Jupitor's 2nd moon's 3rd orbit during an solar eclipse  on polaris' 1st orbital's celestial body.

ok.

Offline enrique2point0

Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 09:44:25 PM
what about this
:)

Offline lephantome92

Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 03:01:48 AM
what about this
Thanks for the link! I may look into that!

so you want the piece, but don't want the piece. and you want something that might have to be paid for but don't want to pay for it. and if you do need to pay for it ,you don't want to pay what it costs. oh, and you don't want suggestions for almost all commercially available ones because they don't adhere to your requirements . but you'll consider as  as long as Saturn was in Jupitor's 2nd moon's 3rd orbit during an solar eclipse  on polaris' 1st orbital's celestial body.

ok.

Ooh, feisty! Since the first two attempted sentences are just gibberish, let's start with your third attempt. Ahem. I'm greatly sorry for having my own musical tastes not approved by you *insert sarcastic, deep bow*. The $5 budget is referring to if it's an individual song. If it's part of a collection that I enjoy, I'd gladly pay $15-$20, or however much it is, within reason. Finally, au contraire, mon ami! The only way I'd consider it is if, when a line is drawn from Ceres to Ganymede, it is perfectly perpendicular to a line drawn between Pallas and Deimos, and both lines intersect at Mercury's equator.
Also, *Jupiter
It's impossible for anything around Polaris to have a solar eclipse, because the only things rotating around Polaris are very small stars. Learn your astronomy, dude! And while you're at it, you should relearn your elementary grammar!

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 10:22:21 AM
^ k Lel

I'm am only half gibberish on my dad's side, but proud
I am stil in elementary so still learning grammar
Stars and stuff ( ps and FYI is what was described "doesn't exist" well there you go, that's probably your answer ;) ) all aside just kidding around bit it seems lost on you.
What evs
K lel

Offline lephantome92

Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 04:13:01 PM
^ k Lel

I'm am only half gibberish on my dad's side, but proud
I am stil in elementary so still learning grammar
Stars and stuff ( ps and FYI is what was described "doesn't exist" well there you go, that's probably your answer ;) ) all aside just kidding around bit it seems lost on you.
What evs
K lel
Actually, the astronomical event I described is slimly possible. How frequently did you flunk early elementary school? Just check out the rules for joining the forum.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 04:21:15 PM
Actually, the astronomical event I described is slimly possible. How frequently did you flunk early elementary school? Just check out the rules for joining the forum.
k lel

Offline lephantome92

Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 07:16:43 PM
Is "k lel" an insult in another language, or just a frequent mistype of "K lol?"

Offline ale_ius

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 07:27:44 PM
Is "k lel" an insult in another language, or just a frequent mistype of "K lol?"
https://bit.ly/VJu584
 ;)

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 09:47:59 PM
 ;)

;D

Perhaps it will go some way to curing OP's humour bypass.

"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline lephantome92

Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 11:07:12 PM
 ;)
Clearly my comment was only dipped in sarcasm, not drenched, as I thought.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert