Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Kapustin 8 Concert Etudes  (Read 5363 times)

Offline khantallis123

Kapustin 8 Concert Etudes
on: December 13, 2014, 05:14:29 PM
Hi, I am looking for free copies of Kapustin's Concert Etudes Op.40. My uncle is not willing to pay 50$ for it. If this is too much to ask, can you please recommend any other less expensive "advanced" works by people who were born in the 20th century that are not atonal and have limited dissonance?  Thanks!

(No Poulenc, Ravel, Joplin, Debussy, Scriabin, etc.)

Offline enrique2point0

Re: Kapustin 8 Concert Etudes
Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 06:10:36 PM
I hope this request does not bring a reply w an upload if his op 40.  He is very much alive
Protected by copyright and the scores are in prob and avail for purchase
Just because your uncle doesn't want to pay what they cost and are worth doesn't mean it is okay to steal from the composer and publisher.  Also I am privy to the fact that his or the publisher lawyers regularly look for illegal uploads and are quick to have them removed and threaten lea gal action no would hope no one would open pianostreet up to that risk by foolishly uploading these.

Will think of what can reccommend but know since you ask for modern it is unlikely any not already available for free on day Imslp can be uploaded.  Expect to have to purchase

Offline khantallis123

Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 06:58:37 PM
Thank you! But would you recommend any of them that are relatively inexpensive?

Offline enrique2point0

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 03:47:46 PM
i heart francaix, sadly way under represented, and it doesn't make my ears bleed.
see that great little scherzo and nocturne as alternate  ;)

Offline ganymedger

Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 04:58:51 PM
if you are very good @ using google , you will find them as a pdf. The sheets are lurking in the depth of the internet ;).

Offline rubinsteinmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 12:57:31 AM
 OK, I am not that interested in Kapustin anymore :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert