Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Saint-Saens G minor concerto  (Read 1098 times)

Offline jlskiles

Saint-Saens G minor concerto
on: January 23, 2015, 12:27:01 AM

This was performed at the winners' concert of a youth competition in Florida, USA. I know it's not close to perfect (in fact I was very surprised that I won) and I'm still working out some issues for some upcoming competitions so I'm open to advice!

Sorry about the bad video quality, but the sound turned out alright. Hope you enjoy! And please comment your thoughts for improvements- I need as much as I can get.

Offline fifthelegy

• PS Silver Member
Re: Saint-Saens G minor concerto
Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 10:29:28 AM
Well played! and congrats on your win as well :) I played this concerto too a little while back.
I didn't get the chance for a proper listen, but overall very well played
One thing that I did find interesting though is right at the beginning around the 0:53 mark I noticed after each LH note you paused before the arpeggic figure, and you do this again at around 10:40 - i've never heard anyone do this before! I do prefer it to all flow with no pauses, just my preference though I guess
"Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most."

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW1YqqvNgh7SMvfuEy9n23A

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert