Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Study in Royal Academy of Music to London  (Read 1406 times)

Offline luct

Study in Royal Academy of Music to London
on: February 23, 2015, 02:16:22 PM
Hello everyone.
I'm an Italian student, this year I'll graduate in a Hotel management school, I study piano from 8 years about, I study english from 2 month about well and I know a basic english. I prepare me for to access how solo pianist in a Music Istitute in Catania, but I would like study abroad, preferably in London at the Royal Academy of Music, would you know suggest a little about what I should do?
I'm preparing the programme that Musical Istitute want, that is one piano sonata ( I do the Beethoven's Pathetic), three piece of Bach's suite English or French,  two etudes and one romantic piece ( paraphrase liszt's rigoletto).
My problem can be three: language, examination for access in the Music school, and work for could pay the study.. I know not information well about tha situation in England.. Do you know help me? excuse me if I make grammatical errors!! ;)

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Re: Study in Royal Academy of Music to London
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:44:56 PM
Language won't be a big problem - we're well used to people who don't speak good English in London (including half the population who were born here - it's the laziest part of England for speaking the language properly).

But why do you want to study at the RAM? It's _insanely_ expensive, and you will need to live in (or very near) London, which is also insanely expensive. I mean, it's a good college and everything but I can't see the attraction. You will probably be able to find work in London but it is unlikely to be well paid. If I was facing the choice, I would probably study in almost any other country in Europe.
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Offline luct

Re: Study in Royal Academy of Music to London
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:24:21 PM
I want to study abroud, because I want to do experience abroad, because I want to go out Italy, here there is little work with the classic musician!! However, thank you, which that I wanted to know was above all the costs! If I could pay my study and live with a job! Maybe in another good school! Do you know suggest me? Maybe I trought to go in US at NY! what do you thing?
I am preparing from months this
programme, Bach's suite English Suite no 3 the
first three piece (prelude,allemande,
courante),Czerni's etude op.740 no3, Clementi's
Gradus ad parnassum no 12, one romantic piece
(Liszt's paraphrase rigoletto), Beethoven's
sonata no 8 Pathetic! how rep Is not good?

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert