Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Practice a whole sonata in one night  (Read 1192 times)

Offline lalo57

Practice a whole sonata in one night
on: March 03, 2015, 03:02:05 AM
So, if I don't "learn" k310 in the following 7 hours, my teacher will probably kick me out... I mean she told me to play it slow but still a pretty tough challenge for me... It's a damn lot of pages... Of course it won't be anywhere near perfect but she told me that it should seem "studied". It seems really impossible that I will achieve that. What should I do? Focus on what seems harder? Just read the whole thing as many times as possible? Read each page 10 times? Work by sections and fingerings?  I feel really screwed.

Offline expressman70

Re: Practice a whole sonata in one night
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 03:51:31 AM
If you have semi studied it, try to improve what you know you need to improve. If you have not got it together score wise, then learn the sheetmusic to best of ability. Don't waste time here, get to work brah.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert